"Eyes of Texas III" P-47D

Ok, today I finished applying all the decals. Next I will begin on some very subtle weathering then the finishing touches before it's done. This is getting very exciting!!!

EOT008.jpg

EOT009.jpg

This last one is a little blurry but it is worth the look.

EOT012.jpg

SLICK

Thanks a lot guys! Last night I future coated the model once more. I also got to read some stories and see many other pictures of his squadron's aircraft. There are some AWESOME nose arts!! I wish companies would make decals for more of the lesser known aircraft. I also figured out what the "III" meant in his nose art. He had gone through 3 P-47's already!!

SLICK

I also got to read some stories and see many other pictures of his squadron's aircraft. There are some AWESOME nose arts!! I wish companies would make decals for more of the lesser known aircraft.

AMEN TO THAT!!!! I am absolutely DYING for someone to make decals for 48th FG P-47's. Sheesh, I practically lose sleep dreaming about them, or trying to figure out how to make some on my own. And with the 48th FW being at Lakenheath with SO many servicemen going in and out there, plus the unbeatable modern combat record of the 48th would make you think that some decals of their P-47's would sell like hotcakes.

I guess that's one of the reasons I've been watching your build so closely: I want to make my own decals for P-47's as well.

Thanks a lot guys!! I will be sure to take pictures when i give Les his model!!! I can't wait! The date is closing in! A few of my neighbor and I (all my neighbors know about this) want to have a little party for him when I give him the -47. I can't wait!

SLICK

Thanks for the comments guys!!! I will, hopefully this week, be able to do a little "how to" for making your own decals.

Thanks again! I will be sure to bring the camera when I present it to him. That should be this weekend.

SLICK