Henschel Help required!

Hi All,

Just embarking on the Revell 1/48 repop of the ancient Esci 1/48 Hs123 kit.

I have the Extratech brass cockpit asembled, just need some clarification on colours for the interior. I will be going OOB for decals with a Spanish AF machine in overall light grey.

Would I be right in assuming the interior to be RLM02 or the equivalent? the kit instructions say its Light Olive (Revell paint ref #45) which seems too "green" to me, but thought some one here might have a more definitive answer?.

cockpit001.jpg

TIA,

Mike.

LW planes almost never had green ("olive") interiors. I'd go with your gut and do RLM02 (equivelant). I know there's a Lt Ghost Grey, Ghost Grey, or Dk Ghost Grey that almost matches it, but I can't recall which one it is right now.

Remember: it was made in Germany and sent to Spain. It'd be standard RLM (I think). Spain might repaint the outside, but why would they ever repaint the inside?

P.S. That looks like a very complex PE set!

i assembled the original kit, but my pit was resin. anyway, i painted mine RLM02 as my instuctions instructed. light ghost grey is pretty close. if look below my signature, click on FINISHED BUILDS and go to the 123 album. i have more cockpit photos in a CD if you want me to upload them for you. i took them before i assembled the fuselage halves. also, get ready to sand the heck out of that cowling friend, it don't go together very well. you can see the ugly seem on my build. later.

Many thanks for all the responses guys,i knew some people on here would be able to help. :banana:

I have both WEM and Xtracolor RLM02, so I'll go with that.

Mark.M - Its a very complex PE set, very comrehensive though too. To be honest this is the first time I've built a complete PE cockpit and actually used all the bits on the PE fret successfully! :o

Saltydog - Your Hs123 looks good <_< , thanks for the heads up on the cowling, I'll watch out for that.