Photos of 54th 'Kerchensky' GvIAP Flankers?

Maybe a bit of O/T but I found this topic quite suitable for my question.

What kind of symbol is St. George for Russia...?

The other day, when I was standing in front of Russian Embassy in queue for visas, I was looking at the Russian crest and noticed that it has St. George emblem in the middle of the double-headed eagle.

Maybe a bit of O/T but I found this topic quite suitable for my question.

What kind of symbol is St. George for Russia...?

The other day, when I was standing in front of Russian Embassy in queue for visas, I was looking at the Russian crest and noticed that it has St. George emblem in the middle of the double-headed eagle.

St. George is the patron saint of Russia, and also I believe of Moscow.

Keith

St. George is the patron saint of Russia, and also I believe of Moscow.

Keith

St. George - is main saint in Russian Army history and heraldic - his full name "St. George, who bring the victory", most honorary Russian Army medal - St. George cross, many Soviet solders, officers during WW II not shamed show this medal from old Russia times, most known WW II general Geogiy Zhukov had five St. George crosses.

Most quality photos of this badge from Savosleyka - first in this topic.

St. George - is main saint in Russian Army history and heraldic - his full name "St. George, who bring the victory", most honorary Russian Army medal - St. George cross, many Soviet solders, officers during WW II not shamed show this medal from old Russia times, most known WW II general Geogiy Zhukov had five St. George crosses.

Most quality photos of this badge from Savosleyka - first in this topic.

The magnificent Great Patriotic War memorial in Moscow - Victory Park - has a giant column with a winged angel at the top.

At the base of the column is a huge figure of St George slaying a dragon.

The dragon has a swastika around its neck ..........

A Google search found a couple of photos......

victory_park_7.jpg

A photo of St George at the base can be found here

Ken

Edited by Flankerman