Eduard's delightful little Avia is coming along well. Despite a fit issue with the top decking/cowling (stopping the fuselage sides bowing in where they join said decking) and deciding not to use the rigging turnbuckles because they are far too small and fiddly for my eyes and fingers (so drum me out of IPMS! :banana: ) it's ready for painting.

Which brings me to the question of colour. I have a pot of Tamiya XF-51 Khaki (acrylic). It looks about the right colour, but is it too dark? What do you guys think?

TIA

:yahoo: Hello Mike,

We have a walkaround of the Avia B-534 replica in the Prague-Kbely Aviation Museum right here in the ARC walkaround section. The khaki colour appears to be a pretty brownish colour, but go have a look as it might give you some clues and inspiration.

:banana:,

Ross.

:D Hello Mike,

We have a walkaround of the Avia B-534 replica in the Prague-Kbely Aviation Museum right here in the ARC walkaround section. The khaki colour appears to be a pretty brownish colour, but go have a look as it might give you some clues and inspiration.

:wacko:,

Ross.

Thanks Ross, I'll check it out. Still interested to hear others' opinions, not least as I'm always slightly supicious of museum exhibits.

Cheers,

Just sprayed the top surfaces. I went with XF-51 mixed with a smidgeon of XF-60 ("dark yellow", a light-brown colour). Looking good so far, I'll post another photo or two when I get around to getting the camera out.

Cheers,

M

Edited by MikeC