AV-22 Gunship Progress Report

stunning job on the digi camo!!! What paints did you use?

i hadnt seen this thread since before christmas!! nice job. that interior is top stuff!

Richard

I used:

Polly Scale: US Khaki, Tactical Tan

Model Master: USMC Green, Aircraft Interior Black

Updates have been a long time coming on this one. Once I closed the fuselage up, it just sat there staring at me. It probably took me a couple months just to keep going after the first color was sprayed. After I put the gear on it, stepped back and took a look, I just had to post, it does look pretty good, doesn't it?

More to come, including the finished (I hope!) product.

It's done. Here are the latest photos.

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

I used the extra decals from several kits, most notably the spare tailcodes from my A-6 that is soon to be joining the display ranks.

I actually got something finished!

I think it needs a final flat coat. THEN this project will be concluded, and I'll have to decide on what to do next; a USCG V-22 or a "navalized" A-10 with wingfolds, tailhook and USMC markings...maybe I'll just do a regular build, I've got enough of those in the stash too.

Edited by LemonJello

That looks great! Certainly makes me want to break out the Italeri kit and make a gunship out of it!

Great work.

Re: BOHICA - When I was in the Army I was on a tank named BOHICA. It must be a very widespread term in the military I guess.

• 3 weeks later...