Pre '41 Training Aircraft

Hello all,

A new 'bug' has bitten me at the moment but I need to test the water to see if there is any mileage in it.

I've got a sort of "wish list" of classic training aircraft which I would like to model but I don't know if any of these exist in any scale (72nd preferably)

Avro Tutor

G.A. Owlet

Arado 96

Breda 28

Caproni 113

S.E.T 10 (Romania)

Rogojarsky Sim-XI (Yugoslavia as was)

Viima II (finland)

"Pyry" (finland)

Any thoughts or am I on a highway to nowhere with this lot?

Cheers

Matt

Cheers for the reply, is Great Models a US based company? If so, do they ship out to the UK?

Guess I could be less lazy and look it up myself!

Cheers

Matt

Cheers for the reply, is Great Models a US based company? If so, do they ship out to the UK?

Guess I could be less lazy and look it up myself!

Cheers

Matt

Great Models is a US company, but they will ship world wide.

You can also get kits from Squadron.com who is also a US company, but will ship worldwide.

The Ar-96 is available pretty regularly in injection format. Some of the others are found in resin format and can get pretty pricey.

http://www.greatmodels.com/

http://www.squadron.com/

Thankyou Jason, as it happens, I just remembered hannants and had a check on what they have in and found the following;

Avro Tutor 1/72

Viima II 1/72

Mind you, I wince at paying £24 for a 1/72 biplane kit

And apparently Heller did a 1/72 Arado 96, as hannants sell a Falcon canopy and some Etch kits and decals for use with that kit. Just can't find the kit now!

I'd forgotten what a gold mine hannants is :thumbsup:

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
BTW, you say "Classic Training Aircraft" yet fail to mention the Tiger Moth. (We really need a "puzzled" emoticon here unless I've missed it)

Well, I know that I can at least get a TM in 1:72, so I didn't include it my list, what I was looking for were some of the more esoteric types that I haven't been able to dig up anywhere.

There are about 150 WW2 era types which I would like a kit of, but haven't found, but there's not a great deal of point in me writing an enormous exhaustive list

Cor blast bor, you're not far from Hannants if you're at Cromer, get you down there.

:bandhead2:

(I may live near Bristol, but I'm an expat Suffolk bor)

Edited by MikeC

:blink:

Problem is my only form of transport is ye olde Anglian Water Van...

I'll most likely order something from Hannants, I don't think I dare venture in through the door, I think I would come out bankrupt :blink:

I've only been here in Crummer for aboot a yar, but the accent be rubben orf...

:D

I'll most likely order something from Hannants, I don't think I dare venture in through the door, I think I would come out bankrupt :o

Yup, been there, done that. :blink:

It's quite scary really, a couple of years back I wandered into a small model shop with no intention of buying anything.

Little did I know that hidden behind all the model railway stuff and rc car bits, was a pile of dusty plastic kits.

:yahoo:

Walked out a lot poorer and had to explain to my darling wife where the cash in my pocket (meant for paying the rent) was and why I was smuggling boxes into the house behind my back