A little Photoshop fun...

Managed to get a once-in-a-lifetime photo the other day...

FlyingBlackbird.jpg

Actually, it's a photo of 64-17979 I took at Lackland AFB, with the landing gear edited out, reflections in the paint modified, and superimposed over the sky at last year's Fort Worth Alliance Airshow, with some subtle blur effects added. But I like it.

Edited by BAM'n'IVM

FlyingBlackbird.jpg

Actually, it's a photo of 64-17979 I took at Lackland AFB, with the landing gear edited out, reflections in the paint modified, and superimposed over the sky at last year's Fort Worth Alliance Airshow, with some subtle blur effects added. But I like it.

It works well, but I think it would be better if you cloned out the bit of cloud between the starboard engine nacelle and the fuselage. Photoshop is really a blast, isn't it. I was playing around with it and put this together for a friend who was once a Boomer on RC-135s.

boomers_dream.jpg

It works well, but I think it would be better if you cloned out the bit of cloud between the starboard engine nacelle and the fuselage.

I tried it, it didn't look right to me. I dunno.

• 2 months later...

FlyingBlackbird.jpg

Hi BAM ! I am playing with Photoshop too since 2 weeks (!).

How do you modify the reflections in the paint ? (I have to learn this, i've got to put some models on a tarmac too, not just hanging in space).

Stephane.

Stratosphere Models.

Hi BAM ! I am playing with Photoshop too since 2 weeks (!).

How do you modify the reflections in the paint ? (I have to learn this, i've got to put some models on a tarmac too, not just hanging in space).

Stephane.

Stratosphere Models.

I used the lasso tool to copy the affected part of the fuselage, pasted that section (in this case, the entire lower fuselage and the engine inlet cones) to a new layer, and color-corrected the reflections there. Then I lined the image up with the rest of the airplane in the previous layer.

I used the lasso tool to copy the affected part of the fuselage, pasted that section (in this case, the entire lower fuselage and the engine inlet cones) to a new layer, and color-corrected the reflections there. Then I lined the image up with the rest of the airplane in the previous layer.

Thank you BAM, i will try that.

Stephane.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...