Hasegawa's Fw 190A-7 with extras...

Just finished this one this morning. It's Hasegawa's 1/72 scale 190A-7 with Cooper Details landing gear and wheels/doors, True Details and Eduard cockpit, new gun barrels from tubing, new Pitot tube,and antennae from scratch. The decals are from Kagero's book on JG 1 and EagleCals. Paint is ModelMaster enamels and acrylics.

Hope you like it,

190done4.jpg

190done5.jpg

190donelside.jpg

190pitleft.jpg

Happy modeling all!

Joe Youngerman

Edited by WW2nut

nice work on the 190 ww2nut. i'm workin' on a 1/48 trimaster A8 right now. i got a question for you, i notice that you have an open canopy, does the wire from the canopy to the tail section stay tight like that, or should it have slack in it? not trying to point anything out, just an honest question. i'm gonna put the wire on mine, but i'm wrestling with how it will look all loose. thanks for sharing.

nice work on the 190 ww2nut. i'm workin' on a 1/48 trimaster A8 right now. i got a question for you, i notice that you have an open canopy, does the wire from the canopy to the tail section stay tight like that, or should it have slack in it? not trying to point anything out, just an honest question. i'm gonna put the wire on mine, but i'm wrestling with how it will look all loose. thanks for sharing.

Saltydog....Good question actually...there is a tensioner coil in the top of the canopy that kept the wire taught even when the canopy was open. This is not true of all 190's though. The 190's that had the "blown" hood or canopy did not have this feature and the wire went slack when the canopy was opened. You will see this in many photos of later 190D-9's and Ta 152's.

Hope that helps!

Joe

thanks wwIInut, mine had the blown canopy option but i screwed it up with an xacto while masking. fortunetly, trimaster included both options in the kit so i had a back up normal one. i might have backed into getting it right!!LOL thanks for the reply. later.

• 1 year later...