Some Pictures from Airventure 2007

I have so many pictures to go through, so I'll do this in days. I'll go ahead and start off with Day 1 of my trip:

We arived at Airventure 2 days before the openning so the dispays were not finished and the airport was still fairly empty.

Picture021.jpg

A picture from enroute.

Picture083.jpg

A Broussard I believe?

Picture120.jpg

Picture308.jpg

The camp site!

SLICK

Loved the tiger!! Man I would love to see one fly!!

OH MAN!! It is the coolest and loudest piston powered warbird I have ever seen! IT IS A W E S O M E!!!

SLICK

P.S. More pics in a few!

Alrighty, here are some pictures from Day 2 (the event/airshow still hasn't begun!)

Some early morning shots:

Picture376.jpg

Picture380.jpg

Some more reflection shots, man I love these kinds pictures!

Picture370.jpg

Picture383.jpg

Some more arrivals and some warbirds:

Picture409.jpg

Picture465.jpg

Picture468.jpg

Picture477.jpg

SLICK

Aeroshell square and exhibitors begin to fill up!

Picture486.jpg

Picture514.jpg

Picture560.jpg

Picture526.jpg

Picture009.jpg

End of Day 2:

Picture043.jpg

Picture109.jpg

SLICK

P.S. The next post will only be of my trip through the warbirds area, then I will begin the airshow pictures!

Edited by slick95

Picture192.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Picture206.jpg

Picture566.jpg

Picture599.jpg

This next picture is of an amazing aircraft and pilot. The plane was painted just 2 hours before arriving at Airventure and the paint was still wet when it landed. They painted the nose art once they arrived at Airventure for the man whole flew it in combat.

Picture603.jpg

SLICK

Edited by slick95
This next picture is of an amazing aircraft and pilot. The plane was painted just 2 hours before arriving at Airventure and the paint was still wet when it landed. They painted the nose art once they arrived at Airventure for the man whole flew it in combat.

Now that's cutting it close! Great story, great pictures.

Picture603.jpg

SLICK

Great pic's! Here's what happened to the original "Ruff Stuff".

scan0065-1.jpg

Mike

Now onto the the next Airshow, again, not all performers are here! The lighting wasn't good because of the overcast.

C-130 water drop demonstration, I took video of the actual drop that I'll have on here later.

Picture676.jpg

Falcon Flight

Picture684.jpg

Warbirds display

Picture697.jpg

Heritage Flight

Picture708.jpg

John Mhor

Picture736.jpg

Matt Younkin

Picture740.jpg

Dave Dacey's show

Picture753.jpg

Harrier Demo

HarrierDemo.jpg

We had an italian Exchange pilot for our demonstrations

Picture773.jpg

End of Day 4

Picture770.jpg

SLICK

Picture120.jpg

I take it this was the Pacer you arrived in?

Nice, clean bird BTW. I figure it's just about the fanciest, fastest, most classic bird I'd ever be able to fly on my budget and piloting skill!

Of course if money was no object and I was the greatest hot-shot pilot in the world, I'd love to have the Hudson or Sea Fury in the photos above, or I'd even be willing to "settle" for the Yak-11, Extra or clipped-wing Lancair!

Edited by Just call me Ray
I take it this was the Pacer you arrived in?

Yup its the plane we arrived in, but it's not actually a Pacer. It's a Piper PA-16 Clipper. Only 736 were made and only 1 year, 1949. Pan Am got mad at Piper for calling it a Clipper like their flying boats and decided to sue. So the next year Piper changed their minds and built the Pacer which has a higher horse power engine, flaps, and a yoke instead of a stick. It's a pretty fun plane, and a hand-full on the ground!

This year was a record turn out for Clippers, amoung the 10,000 planes in attendance their were 6 Clippers!! The most I've ever seen at one time!

SLICK

Nice pictures Slick....

You got to see more aircraft over the week.

On Sunday, the C-5 was missing, so were the Harriers and there was no display of the F-15 and P-38 was not part of the Heritage flight.

Vinay