Question about 1/72 Heller EC-145 parts

My EC-145 by Heller arrived today and I just started the build. Can anyone give me a hint how the FLIR that comes with the kit is mounted? The part is usually not used in the kit, so they are not mentionend in the assembly sheet.

HAJO

My EC-145 by Heller arrived today and I just started the build. Can anyone give me a hint how the FLIR that comes with the kit is mounted? The part is usually not used in the kit, so they are not mentionend in the assembly sheet.

HAJO

Search Airliners.net for pictures of German police EC145s and you will find lots of good pictures of these aircraft fitted with both FLIR and search lights.

Flyboy: That would be great, much appreciated!

vflight: I will look for pics, but the FLIR that comes with the kit is strangely shaped (not that typical "round" shape) and I don´t know if it´s in use anywhere because I have never seen such thing before.

HAJO

I presume you are referring to parts 53 and 83 (clear)? None of these pieces are used in either of the current releases, so I would guess there are others on the horizon????

vflight has the best way to go since the sensor looks like something from the military or police forces it is not just a simple FLIR there are 2 other sensor windows as well.

Has anyone heard if Heller is releasing other variants of the -145???

• 1 month later...

OK, my fictional C/SAR EC-145 is finished.

Have a look:

EC1.jpg

EC2.jpg

EC3.jpg

EC4.jpg

EC5.jpg

Sorry, I´m a bit in a hurry right now, if you have any questions, shoot them right away, I will deal with them later this day.

HAJO