Can't beat the price of these Revell kits. Unfortunately, they require a little extra work to get them looking as nice as the higher priced Hasegawa. I cut away all movable parts, reshaped them, and postioned them in the "at rest" postion. The wingfolds were created using parts of a twist-tie(I made a thread about this earlier).

Steel Beach ECS pipes and FOD covers were used along with AFTERBURNER decals which went on flawlessly. Some of the decals were toned down a tad with some thinned grey to give it a slightly weathered look. I overdid it a bit on the rear NAVY decals...oh well.

gs11ij5.jpg

gs3en7.jpg

gs1rr1.jpg

gs7gi5.jpg

gs4wu6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

i don't think you overdid the fade job on the navy decals, i think they look more realistic that the others. i was in the navy for a 4 year enlistment and you could barely see some of the insignia on the real machines. later.

Very impressive Starbuck. Really like the look. The wingfolds look the part, and nice to see the AB decals work on the Revell -18E without too many problems. Probably not the same for the CAG/CO jets, but the line bird looks just fine.

aaron

awesome job!!! those vents/fairings/thingamajigs/doohickies at the back top between the tails, are those included in the Revell kit or is that something you had to scratch build? i know the Hasagawa kit has the older flush ones. awesome weathering too and i agree, not overdone at all on the NAVY, looks better.

Bill

Thank you all for the nice words and feedback. I appreciate it.

awesome job!!! those vents/fairings/thingamajigs/doohickies at the back top between the tails, are those included in the Revell kit or is that something you had to scratch build? i know the Hasagawa kit has the older flush ones. awesome weathering too and i agree, not overdone at all on the NAVY, looks better.

Bill

Thanks Bill! Those vents/etc you're referring to are not included in any kit AFAIK. They are made by Steel Beach. I purchased them through Sprue Bros. Just search for ECS heat pipes from Steel Beach.