01-08-07

Hey Guys...

a loooong time ago ( in a model-room far, far away), I chimed in on this G/B with this...

box_art.jpg

And then never got around to starting it....

Well, the modelling desk has been cleared (except for ONE very special project...) and I have started it at last...cockpit stuff in the process of being painted...photos later...

( was going to say.."Film at 11" but didn't think anyone would get the movie reference) :D

Liam

03-08-07

update:

cockpit painted and assembled....

interior_profile_001.jpg

interior_cockpit_001.jpg

Will be moving along with fuselage joining tonight.

Noticed this while painting....

nose.jpg

Any idea why one side looks like it got severely dented...or is it meant to look like that?

Liam

Good choice Liam and a good start.

The curled sections that seem to have ribs are actually a stainless steel heat shield that covered most of the exhaust pipe. I think the area that's recessed was for clearance for some of the ducting for that big air intake on the side of the fuselage.

That's a great old kit. I've built one but I think I'd like to do another as a Korean war spotter aircraft.

http://images24.fotki.com/v802/photos/6/65...DSC01288-vi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

02-09-07

Made a little progress>>>>

fuselage_joined_001.jpg

The canopies are on and seams are sanded, just awaitin' a paint job...I might not actually get this one finishes in time...there are other commitments pressing for time, but I'll keep plugging away and she what happens..

Liam