"That's why we're here"

Don't be worried about robots becoming self aware and attacking us. The minute they become self aware, they're more likely to quit working, hang out all day, smoke pot, create a myspace page, blog every single thing that happens to them, text nonstop on their I am a spammer....please report this post.....no, we won't have to worry about them killing us outright, we'll all die paying the bills for their new "self aware" lifestyle....just like our teenage kids.

Don't be worried about robots becoming self aware and attacking us. The minute they become self aware, they're more likely to quit working, hang out all day, smoke pot, create a myspace page, blog every single thing that happens to them, text nonstop on their I am a spammer....please report this post.....no, we won't have to worry about them killing us outright, we'll all die paying the bills for their new "self aware" lifestyle....just like our teenage kids.

bscap170pi7.th.jpg

As for losing; unlike say the YF-22 vs YF-23 competition where there is room for debate over which one was better, there was no room for doubt in the JFS contest. While it was techniquely true both planes meet the specs laid out, in almost every category the X-35 was far superior. Boeing even admitted as much right after they had lost; in an interview at the Paris Air Show that same year, one of their top VP said that when LM demonstrated that they had solved the problems with the lift fan clutch that they (Boeing) knew it was all over.

One of my neighbors is a Boeing guy. We were talking about the JSF competition back in 2001 and he said when they (the guys in his shop) first saw their JSF design (X-32), the unanimous feeling was: We lost! (No kidding!)