;) Pretty sad when I get more pics from you then I do from my own daughter!

Tell her I got a small digital camera spare she can use to get some good shots inside the base! LOL :doh:

Edited by strikeeagle48
Tell her I got a small digital camera spare if she can use to get some good shots inside the base! LOL :banana:

Unfortunately, the Security Forces and OSI tend to frown quite a bit when we take unauthorized pictures on the flightline. But we sneak them when we can!

JMC

Unfortunately, the Security Forces and OSI tend to frown quite a bit when we take unauthorized pictures on the flightline. But we sneak them when we can!

JMC

Didn't know that,thats very unfriendly!I thought being able to get photos would have been a perk of the job!!

Didn't know that,thats very unfriendly!I thought being able to get photos would have been a perk of the job!!

Actually it is not all that bad, you just have to jump through the hoops to get the permission, which means planning out when and where you want to get pictures. Most people that get incentive rides have someone come out and take pictures of the event. If a crew chief wants to get a picture if their aircraft, they just have to do the planning. The reason that a lot of those pictures don't get out so often is that then Public Affairs tend to want to get involved (only authorized pictures are allowed to be published of Air Force assets yada yada...). Welcome to the world of military politics!

JMC

Nice pics Jon!

Interesting, the panel lines on pics two and three of the A-10, if you painted a model like that you would be knocked by some people for haveing them too heavily post shaded. :touche:

Cheers,

Jeff.

And all this time I thought my daughter was sand bagging me when I'd ask her for photos! :lol:

I don't know how many times in my career that I wish I had a camera with me. In 1999 or 2000 I got to see two of the last French Navy F-8 Crusaders taxi in at Lakenheath. In 2004 or 2005 I got to see the last of the Royal Navy Harriers taxi down the line. Camera? Of course not! The big thing now is to make sure people don't have their camera phones on the line. Mostly due to the explosion risk (they do put out an electrical field) but also because of the camera part.

How hard is it to post pictures on here now, I haven't tried in a long time. I have a few pictures from a small open house we did here a few months ago.

JMC

What I like is the air freshener hanging in the one truck. That is a great picture, where were you when you took that one?

JMC

Stealth mode,I like that Fort!lol :)

Eagle21,I was stood at the crash gate next to the Viewing Area,its funny they were no-where to be seen but as soon as the A-10's started to taxi they all turned up and parked their pick ups in the way,as if they were tryin to stop us taking pictures.Didn't work though.

Have all the A-10s left Lakenheath then?

I don't think I've ever seen one fly by yet....

Nick

Nick,

Yes the A-10's left the day these were taken Aug 1st.

Thanks Holmes,I'm quite happy with them,considering I was using a x2 converter with a 300mm lens.