Tamiya thin cement...

Hi There,

A week or two ago, I stopped into my nearest Hobbytown USA (Petaluma, CA) and picked up somesupplies. I spyed a small bottle of Tamiya Thin Cement and figured I'd give it a try. Well, I like it. It flows well, dries quicly, and makes a good strong bond. I can safely recommend it to anyone who ight be curious.

Pete

I'll also add my stamp of approval to this stuff! The brush on the lid is great for application as well.

I Haven't used any other Non CA glue since I got my first bottle, just make sure you don't spill the stuff - the odour is intense and it pretty much melts anything it is spilt on. I need not explain how I know this!

hi been using it for about 6/8 months now & found its great stuff to use,much better then the EMA plastic weld Ive got. the only downside is i got mine from hobbylink have'nt come across a UK stockist yet.

andy :banana:

It's really great stuff, the brush in the cap is superb.

I'd been looking to try this out for some time and I'd not been able to find it until I saw someone selling it at a show.

Cheers.

Karl

As a beginner modeler I love the stuff. One of my old problems was glue oozing out of the various cracks or of just getting the stuff all over the place. I have not had that problem with this at all. I have been using the very thin but I think next time I will move up to the regular thin.

I agree the Thin Tamiya glue is great. I especally like the thin pointed brush they provide on the cap. When I used to use the Testors liquid cement I always had to throw away the brush provided, not anymore. I highly recommend it!

Regards,

Robert

I use the Extra Thin Tamiya Cement too. :cheers: I tossed all of my tube cement in the garbage.

I find you actually use less cement as the capillary action of the thin liguid spreads out and covers a greater area. ;)

Emil

I love the Tamiya Super Thin stuff, but I've also had great success with Gunze Mr Cement S, which is very similar to Super Thin cement, but it seems like it melts the plastic a bit better to get a little bit of goop up that makes it easier to fill in seem lines without filler.

I love the Tamiya Super Thin stuff, but I've also had great success with Gunze Mr Cement S, which is very similar to Super Thin cement, but it seems like it melts the plastic a bit better to get a little bit of goop up that makes it easier to fill in seem lines without filler.

Scott, where do you get it? I live in Manahawkin and I don't have a hobbyshop nearby.

Scott, where do you get it? I live in Manahawkin and I don't have a hobbyshop nearby.

Try Jersey Shore Hobby Center in Sea Girt or Avenel Hobbies in Colonia, NJ. If you goto Avenel, keep your credit card at home...they are the best hobby shop I've ever been in :angry: