Awesome!

Well, they're OBVIOUSLY Photoshopped! We all know that they never get THAT dirty... :)

Thanks for postin the fab pics. Now I need to figure out how to adjust my Iwata way down for when I paint my DML 1/144 versions. :P

Pete

Were you with CVW-2? The photo of 500 was from the 89 cruise

Those were taken the year after I got on. I for the life of me wish I could remember if #162182 was onboard in 1988.

162182 is still existing...... :cheers:

check out this link

http://aeroweb.brooklyn.cuny.edu/database/...mp;muscode=vacm

A-6E 162182 MAR06 P Valiant Air Command Titusville (FL)

looked a bit while writing this. January of 1988 she was with VX-5 at china lake.

http://www.chinalakealumni.org/1988.htm

gets wierder

162182 XE-20 A-6E VX-5 88 VX-5 < 07/24/87; converted to A-6F

according to

http://www.chinalakealumni.org/Aircraft.htm

Thanks for the pics

I took the pics while the aircraft was at Wright-Patterson AFB.The A-6 was parked near the F-16s I was working on at the time so I got my camera out and snapped these pics.Thanks for the backround info. Mark

At the risk of creating a firestorm, can anyone tell what's missing from that good old dirtied up plane? Anyone? DARK PANEL LINES!!!! There isn't a hint of "pre-shading" anywhere, and that's one dirty bird. Best way to replicate that is to slop on a dark wash, let it dry, wipe some off, break out the airbrush with fresh paint, and start spraying touch ups. I'll right click and save a couple of those pictures when someone says that dark panel lines are realistic. :sunrevolves:

Awesome!

Thanks for postin the fab pics. Now I need to figure out how to adjust my Iwata way down for when I paint my DML 1/144 versions. :P

Pete

Nice Pics!! Thanks for posting them!!

This brings up a good point.(For me anyway)

I am thinking of investing in a new airbrush specifically for the purpose of replicating weathering like this.Anyone know of an airbrush capable of doing this in 1/48 scale?

Nice Pics!! Thanks for posting them!!

This brings up a good point.(For me anyway)

I am thinking of investing in a new airbrush specifically for the purpose of replicating weathering like this.Anyone know of an airbrush capable of doing this in 1/48 scale?

The Iwata Eclipse.

so who knew, Fred Sanford was a Navy CAG? "bwahbwahh bwah bwahh bwah....."

not only is the paint job not very convincing, look at the raised panel lines on the drop tanks....i'm thinking this is the old revell kit. :P

Cool looking pics,i'd love to try something that dirty and make it convincing.

Bill

it's me again. one serious question about those pics. notice the yellow (canopy release???) markings. they are sooo much cleaner than everything else, are they changed periodically? it appears both sides are clean like that. anyone have thoughts as to why?

just curious.

Bill

At the risk of creating a firestorm, can anyone tell what's missing from that good old dirtied up plane? Anyone? DARK PANEL LINES!!!! There isn't a hint of "pre-shading" anywhere, and that's one dirty bird. Best way to replicate that is to slop on a dark wash, let it dry, wipe some off, break out the airbrush with fresh paint, and start spraying touch ups. I'll right click and save a couple of those pictures when someone says that dark panel lines are realistic. :)

It doesn't even have a false canopy!

That was always one of my favorite A-6 squadrons. I've got some shots from post desert storm that I've always wanted to have decals for as well...

-brian

We all know VA-196 was the best Intruder unit. ;)