Stuka Profile In Progress

Alright, Heres my first digital profile of an airplane, its a JU-87B Stuka, its missing some details, but overall, what do you all think? Any suggestions/comments?

Mind you this is in progress, and is currently only the outline.

Stuka_notracer.gif

Cheers :sunrevolves:

Edited by Christian@YYZ

Looks good. Now comes the fun part. There are so many variations in insignia, I usually don't bother with them in the initial drawing, I put them on separate layers later on in the painting.

Clave, I fixed the fin as you suggested, and you were definitly right about that.

felixdk, thanks, I just put the insignia there kind of "for fun". I'm going to remove it before I start doing the painting, which I'm still trying to figure out how to do properly with just a mouse >.<.

Christian,

I wouldn't say that it's impossible to paint with a mouse, I'll just say that the best thing about the experience will be how blissfully easy painting will seem to you when you finally get a graphics tablet B) .

On the other hand, I do profiles with my mouse exclusively and I seem to manage allright :cheers:

Well... These Flankers, as well as these and these, were made mostly with mouse. So, it is surely possible to do.

But just try to paint something like this exclusively with mouse :woot.gif: (still loooooong to finish though)

r1hl0.jpg

Cristian I'm sorry for hijacking your topic :woot.gif:

Cheers

Yury

Drawing tablets are overrated, believe me.

Lieuwe,

To each his own; your work proves that it can be done well, but if I had had to work exclusively with a mouse for digital work, I would have stayed with brush and canvas.

But just try to paint something like this exclusively with mouse :wave: (still loooooong to finish though)

Cheers

Yury

Yury,

Beautiful work, I completely agree :banana: .

wow Lieuwe, thats amazing, do you have any hints/tips for drawing with a mouse? also, how do you highlight it to make the fuselage look round?

If you have any questions feel free to add me on MSN as supah@chaotic.nl :) That's pbb easier to answer then on here and the reply is faster :banana:

I think it's down to what works for you, I couldn't draw my profiles by using a tablet. Sometimes I use one for dirt or paintscratches but most of the times I prefer the mouse. BTW that's a really nice piece Brahio! With some weathering on the plane and perhaps some darker panel lines then now that would be first class! I wish I could draw non-profile like that but at the moment I have too little time to take a stab at it and I have been thinking about learning 3D modelling as it allows you more options then 2D digital art :)

Regards,

Lieuwe de Vries

If you have any questions feel free to add me on MSN as supah@chaotic.nl :blink: That's pbb easier to answer then on here and the reply is faster :angry:

I think it's down to what works for you, I couldn't draw my profiles by using a tablet. Sometimes I use one for dirt or paintscratches but most of the times I prefer the mouse. BTW that's a really nice piece Brahio! With some weathering on the plane and perhaps some darker panel lines then now that would be first class! I wish I could draw non-profile like that but at the moment I have too little time to take a stab at it and I have been thinking about learning 3D modelling as it allows you more options then 2D digital art :)

Regards,

Lieuwe de Vries

alright Lieuwe, I've added you on MSN (I'm christiandbs@gmail.com)

I'll definitely have some questions for you as soon as I have time to get back to my Stuka :P