I've been able to spend about 6 hours on this so far.

DSC03552-vi.jpg

The only aftermarket I had for it was the Albatros decal set and some True Details wheels. I've decided against using the wheels and will keep it in the OOB category.

I detail painted the interior per the kit instructions but then found that the colors may not be correct. Since most of it disappears when the fuselage is closed I'm not going to worry about it.

DSC03559-vi.jpg

Molded on seat harnesses were painted with the tip of a toothpick and the instrument panel was dry brushed.

DSC03566-vi.jpg

The raised panel lines on this kit are quite delicate so I won't bother re-scribing, I'll just restore any lines lost during the assembly.

DSC03572-vi.jpg

I'm enjoying this one :thumbsup: I have 2 more glass nosed Mono B-25Js to tackle later.

Oh man.. i miss this model so much,i built it when i was 12 (4 years ago,but the sentimental issues you know?...) hahaha

Comming along nicely!

Indeed the interior colors are wrong.

For my build i just painted the interior with a mix of olive drab and white,but you are right! it won't be visible after you join the sides.

Yessir looking good!!! Will be watching to see how you handle the nose assembly. That has always given me fits!!!! Keep em coming!!!

I assembled the 3 piece nose with liquid glue. Fitting it to the fuselage showed that the fuselage sides were bowing out a bit. I added some epoxy inside the fuselage at the cockpit floor sides and clamped it together. When the epoxy was dry the sides of the fuselage matched the sides of the nose assembly much better.

Basic paint is on. Shading is next. All Tamiya paint so far with spray can yellow over white primer on the vertical stabs. Still OOB but I'm feeling that I might want to add some antennae.

DSC03610-vi.jpg

Simple paint detailing on the engines

DSC03616-vi.jpg

.......and finished!

The only aftermarket used were Albatros decals and a nose weight from ol' NightieMission......thanks Terry!

Paints were Tamiya mixes and antennae were made from stretched kit sprue.

This was one of the most enjoyable builds that I've had in years. You can't beat a classic! :blink:

DSC03692-vi.jpg

DSC03690-vi.jpg

DSC03651-vi.jpg

Beautiful!

After seeing your build I went on a quest to find those decals so I could have a crack of it. Would look awesome in my ceiling air force...but...I couldn't find any of those decal sheets! :whistle:

Great build..thanks for sharing!

David

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic job!

One little note about re-scribing - I noticed on the Monogram silver moulded airplanes that if you sand down a raised panel line, the plastic retains the original panel line in a darker silver, although it is sanded flush. This enables easy re-scribing over the original line.

Not that your model needs any improvement Darryl - it looks excellent.

Fantastic job!

One little note about re-scribing - I noticed on the Monogram silver moulded airplanes that if you sand down a raised panel line, the plastic retains the original panel line in a darker silver, although it is sanded flush. This enables easy re-scribing over the original line.

Not that your model needs any improvement Darryl - it looks excellent.

Thank you Pruz....

The Monogram kit plastic seems especially good at retaining ghost lines after the raised lines have been sanded off, which leaves a sort of road map behind for scribing. I tried that on a Monogram Typhoon and it worked pretty well.

http://public.fotki.com/DarylH/ww_ii_fighters/dsc01269.html

http://public.fotki.com/DarylH/ww_ii_fighters/dsc01270.html

Recessed lines are the current style as they allow easier techniques of washing and shading but raised lines with some creative air brush work can look pretty good.

I'm currently working on an old Monogram Mosquito. All the major panel lines are recessed even though the tooling was made in 1966. There are some smaller details that are raised but I think they did a great job of mold making for 1960's technology. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...