Well, might as well start #2 while I wait for the new canopy for my La-7 build. I haven't posted for a while, lots of work stuff jumping in the way of the modeling. :blink: Anyway, here is the ICM 1/48 MiG-3 kit (I love this kit), along with the extras I have collected:

MiG-3assembly003.jpg

I am still on the fence as to what detail sets to use for the cockpit. On one hand, I am dying to use the Cutting Edge cockpit, but I want to be sure I can get another one first. On the other hand, I really like the way the kit framing gives a great representation of the real thing. The Part and Eduard PE sets would do nicely with the kit parts, but some details like the various bottles would need to be scratchbuilt. Whatever will I do? ;)

The markings will be for "Red 02" 12th Guards IAP, Moscow 1942.

red02.jpg

piantal02.jpg

I really like the way this scheme represents what I imagine to be the nature of the fight at the time, with its winter camouflage, replacement wings, unpainted replacement engine cowls, etc.

That all I have for now, thanks for looking.

Nice scheme. I have this one planned with the ICM kit as well (if I have time, kinda got bogged down a bit) FYI, there is good evidence at this time that says that the engine cowl was not bare metal but in fact just an older dirtier off white kind of color.

That scheme is one of my favorite, but I am not decided yet. On the massimo's webpages are a lot of nice schemes.

There are little mystery about the wing color (red, green). I believe green is more verisimilar as you have on the picture. I wish you good luck and enjoy that build.

David

• 1 month later...