Hi people, :wave:

Anyone know where I should look to find plain, straight forward 500lb Mk82 bombs?

There are some in the Tamiya F-14 kit but they have the ballute tail. Ideally I would like the plain conical tailed version.

I intend to try to build a stop-gap GBU-38 JDAM for my F-15 until Dave Roof finishes his 1/32nd versions.

Any help is much appreciated.

:cheers:

IIRC, the ones in the F-14 kit are Snakeyes. The new tool Revell Tornado kits have the ballute tails. Mk 82 slicks are in some of the Tamiya F-4 kits (C/D, F-4J Marines, and F-4E), the Academy F/A-18 kits, and I think Trumpeter kits like the F-105 and A-7, plus their US weapons set.

Hi Larry, the Academy Bug bits sound useful if they are the plain Mk 82s, that would be perfect, thank you.

Let me know how this works please.

I have some bits for swaps if there is anything you might need. I don't plan on using ordnance on my F-14 and the remaining weapons on the F-15E are up for grabs too. I also did n't use any missiles on my Trumpeter Flanker so I have a full set left over.........(or do I cross your palm with silver? :D )

:woot.gif:

KarlH,

Yes,There is a difference in each type of bomb.But i need to know which ones u need and then i can check it out for u and let u know.Larry

Since he wants to model GBU-38, he needs MK-82/BSU-33 conical fin bombs without the fuze extenders as a starting point.

Why Academy even tooled the fuze extenders puzzles me, as they have never been an authorized Hornet fuzing option as far as I know.

Me too Larry, I would n't know one if it jumped up and bit me on the nose :lol:

Here's a pic of what I'm trying to build.

gbu-38_041004-f-0000s-001.jpg

Ignore the cage on the nose as this is the JDAM part (I think :wacko: ). I just need the bomb bit if you can help. Like this...

mk-82-990504-F-1312M-001.jpg

and if you,ve got one with this kind of nose......

mk-82-131095.jpg

perfect :thumbsup:

Thanks

:bandhead2:

sorry, i meant which ones to use, because they are all different

i got the mk 82 from

the A-10 kit

the F-105

the academy bug

the academy F-16

the tamiya F4

the old revell strike eagle

the old revell F-16

the corsair

and maybe something i forgot :thumbsup:

so i have enough bombs, but did anyone ever find out which are the most accurate?

every type is different lenght and shapewise, not to mention the fins :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Get the Mk. 82 from either the Academy F-18 or Tamiya F-4. I've got a gazillion and would be happy to send you what you need.

Do you have any good, clear walkarounds of the GBU-38? I can send you those, too, if it'll help your project.

Boy, do you need my book! :) ;)

Jake

Edited by jmel
  • 3 weeks later...
:beer4: Hi Dave,

I can send you a sprue of Mk 82 slick bombs for free if you like, let me know if you require any GBU or missiles and I will oblige.

Regards,

:cheers:

Hi Keith, very interested in what you have to offer. I apologise for not getting back to you sooner......I was on my hols in France!

Please get in touch again soon, thanks.

Regards,

Guy.

:blink: