Hi, I would like to know where (if posible) can I get 1/48 scale decals for "The HUFF", a F-86F Sabre; and does any of the Hasegawa or minicraft kits, have the slats in the open position? or is this an aftermarket set?

regarding the Minicraft or Hasegawa kits of the F-86F, wich one could be the best, Hasegawa as usual? :D

any help would be greatly appreciated :whistle: Thanks!!!

Happy Modeling, life is to D%mn short, and never ever do you dare to forget that "the one with the most kits wins" :D

Byron Leal

The Hasegawa or Academy kits are both good kits,you cant really go wrong with either. I have both kits a Hasegawa and Academy,with each kit the slats are closed.The big difference with the kits is the Academy comes with an engine and the instructions show you how to cut the fuselage to display the engine,there is also a stand for the tail when you display the Sabre with the tail off and the engine exposed.

Cant help you with the decals but I am pretty sure someone on ARC will be able to give you some info.

Regards

Mark

Cutting Edge makes slats for the F86E and F86F. Check them out at www.meteorprod.com. I just got the E slat set and they are very nice

As for the markings, Cutting Edge made a set CED48174 with the Huff- again go to Meteor. Not sure if they are still available. Also, I thought one of the old Monogram boxings had those decals, but I am not sure which one

Edited by jwest21
Cutting Edge makes slats for the F86E and F86F. Check them out at www.meteorprod.com. I just got the E slat set and they are very nice

As for the markings, Cutting Edge made a set CED48174 with the Huff- again go to Meteor. Not sure if they are still available. Also, I thought one of the old Monogram boxings had those decals, but I am not sure which one

Yes I seem to remember an old Monogram boxing of the Sabre had the markings for "The Huff" I also remember one for "Paper Tiger".

Mark

Hi, I would like to know where (if posible) can I get 1/48 scale decals for "The HUFF", a F-86F Sabre; and does any of the Hasegawa or minicraft kits, have the slats in the open position? or is this an aftermarket set?

regarding the Minicraft or Hasegawa kits of the F-86F, wich one could be the best, Hasegawa as usual? :P

any help would be greatly appreciated :blink: Thanks!!!

Happy Modeling, life is to D%mn short, and never ever do you dare to forget that "the one with the most kits wins" :rolleyes:

Byron Leal

Hasegawa had a kit no. Pt112 out with the Huff decals and Super Scale had a set of decals out for the old Monogram kit. I don't remember the Super Scale Number.

None of the Hasegawa or Minicraft kits have the open slat wings.

I have built both the Hasegawa and Minicraft kits and I thank there about equal in quality and ease of assemble. They both have some quarks but I would recemend both kits. I did use resin cockpit sets for both.

Just my 2 cents

Both Hasegawa and Academy kits has 6"-3" wing. And "The HUFF" also had 6"-3" wing so you doesn't have to buy any conversion sets to make "The HUFF".

regarding the Minicraft or Hasegawa kits of the F-86F, wich one could be the best, Hasegawa as usual?

I compared them some time ago. The comparison is in Russian only, but I hope the pics don't need any translation :thumbsup:

Yury

Edited by brahio

regarding the Minicraft or Hasegawa kits of the F-86F, wich one could be the best, Hasegawa as usual? ;)

any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup: Thanks!!!

Happy Modeling, life is to D%mn short, and never ever do you dare to forget that "the one with the most kits wins" :wub:

Byron Leal

Hi Byron,

I have the CE decals with stencils up for grabs. Send me a PM if still interested.

Cheers

Honza