Turning a 1/72 Airfix AC-130H into a HC-130P?

Hajo,

If you go to

Herkeybirds.com

and look at the historical discussions forum, you'll find my post asking for help with the rails. It's called the ODS (overhead delivery system) and was used to drop the rescue kit. There is a picture of the rails on the back of the fuselage. It's not perfect, but will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. The thread also mentions looking at Bob Daley's collection for Lockheed CN 4097, (They list the C-130s this way rather than by tail number) but I don't think that he has uploaded it yet in the Gallery section.

Best wishes,

Grant

Hajo,

This is a post by Zak from the Herkybirds thread. I'm posting it because for some reason, I couldn't view the right hand of the text.

Quote:

The Rails on the bottom of the cargo door were from the ODS (Overhead Delivery System) used to deploy the MA-1 kits and other items up to 1000 lbs if I remember. The carriage system had 5 shackles that held the bundles. The system was moved out of the cargo compartment by the loadmaster and the bundles were released by the pilot with an Intervolometer located just under the LH swing window. These rails were removed on the AFSOC aircraft about 1990 during the SOFI mod. I believe they remained on the older Rescue birds but have not been installed on any built after 1985.

ZAK

Unquote.

Best wishes,

Grant

Grant, the magazines arrived today. I didn´t realized that you´re living in japan, seems pretty fast to me for the mail from that distant country. :D

Excellent pictures and resources for my build!

HAJO

• 3 weeks later...