OK, ever since Steve edited the last JR thread I have not recieved email notifications from the board when there are updates to my posts or recieve PMs. No settings have been changed and all the proper boxes are checked in my preferences. Please advise.

Nothing here either, yet. But give Steve B. a chance to look into the issue. In the meantime, hit the "view new posts" link next to your "My Controls" link at the top of the page. It helps.

;)

About the same time you guys had problems with your e-mails I began receiving 50 or so e-mails each day telling me that they were undeliverable e-mails from the ARC Forums. My e-mail address is the default address, so all undelivered e-mail get kicked back to me. I figured it was a glitch in the program and to stop this flood of e-mails in my inbox I simply removed my e-mail address from the program which worked for me. That is when you guys began having problems but I thought your problems were related to the original glitch in the program that was flooding my inbox and not due to my actions of removing my e-mail from the settings.

I've been busy working 7 nights a week the past 2 weeks and I'm prettty exhausted and unable to get to much these days except basic updates. Steve Filak was more clear headed dispite his crazy work schedule keeping the citizens of his town safe at his Sarge job and he reset the settings and added my e-mail address back to the forum settings. I'll just delete the flood of e-mails from my inbox each day until I can load a fresh copy of the forum program to the new server and move the database over.

I'm unwilling to attempt that forum move until after my head clears from the flu and I'm not longer feeling sub par and slightly dizzy etc. My wife is now in bed with the same flu, so I have other priorities at the moment. Moving the forum now would court disaster and I'm not keen on going there.

This summer has not been what I planned. I had planned taking most of the summer off from my real job and only working about 9 hours a week at my job to keep an eye on things. I hoped this would free up time for my family, ARC and projects around the home. I was sadly mistaken. As it turned out there was a shortage of staff due to a worker injuring himself on his off time. This left me (management) to fill in for him and bounced me up to 6 and sometimes 7 nights a week. The staffing issues should be sorted out in the next couple of weeks and with my kids going back to school things should be much better come early Sept.

I hope some of this makes sense.

Steve B

Yikes, Steve, sounds like you have your plate pretty full right now. Look after yourself and your family. That comes first, always. We will still be here when you get back. :unsure:

Take care, hope all get well very soon.

:)

• 1 year later...

to the best of my knowledge the problem was resolved long ago......in Aug of 2007. Although the problem didn't fully go away and I suspect it was a new glitch built into the program with the latest version at the time.