Boy, I sure hope so. I won't be able to make it this year, but I sure hope that all of the good folks here will pick up the ball and run with it. It's definitely time to start talking about some kind of get-together, as the big event is less than a week away now.

I hope that everyone has a great time, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again next year in Virginia Beach. :cheers:

I won't be there either....too much going on family wise and work wise to be able to get away. :worship:

As for the get together......these usually require one person to say "we'll meet at this location at this time". Grab the bull by adn picka place and time and that is all that is needed. There's usually a bar in these convention hotels and that will be where the bulk of people will be hanging out.

I hope you all have a grand time and I'll definately be there next year.

Steve B

I will be going on Sat. I would be glad to meet with fellow modelers

and have a couple of libations. After I hit the vendor room of course.

I would not want to go to the vendor room after a few libations.

That could be very dangerous to my wallet :thumbsup:

Boy, I sure hope so. I won't be able to make it this year, but I sure hope that all of the good folks here will pick up the ball and run with it. It's definitely time to start talking about some kind of get-together, as the big event is less than a week away now.

I hope that everyone has a great time, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again next year in Virginia Beach. :thumbsup:

Viriginia Beach! Are the 2008 Nats scheduled for VB?

Viriginia Beach! Are the 2008 Nats scheduled for VB?

Dave,

Yup, the '08 Nats are being held at Virginia Beach, Aug 6-9.

Most definitely yes on a get together this year. I'm at our Fightertown Decals table when the Vendors room is open - should be easy to find!

-brian

I'm glad to hear that things are starting to take shape with a get-together or two. Talk it up, fellas....that clock is ticking! ;)

Dave,

Yup, the '08 Nats are being held at Virginia Beach, Aug 6-9.

I'm glad to hear that things are starting to take shape with a get-together or two. Talk it up, fellas....that clock is ticking! ;)

Damn, that conflicts with my trout fishing expedition to the Grand Canyon.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son

I found out there is a bar called Degrees Wine and Patio Bar at the Marriott.

If anyone is interested maby some of us could meet there.

I think the event is over at 3:00. Just hang out and get to know one another.

Have a couple of beers.

Chime in and let me know if anyone has any other ideas.

looking forward to meeting some of you ARCers in person.

I'm the skinny guy wareing the Starship Modeler T-shirt.

Of course I will have on my ARC name tag. :worship:

I'm also they guy with the "I got married in China" thread

so you know what I look like

Edited by flyfort17
I found out there is a bar called Degrees Wine and Patio Bar at the Marriott.

If anyone is interested maby some of us could meet there.

I think that sounds like a good idea. Since it's right at the hotel we shouldn't have a problem finding it. Just need to decide on a time.

Headed out this morning to catch that big orange bird. Gotta hang out with the wife and sister inlaw Monday and Tuesday and over to the convention on Wednesday. :) Already spoke to a couple of folks here about meeting up. I will make contact with Brian over in the vendors room to see if any other ARC regulars have shown up. Hope to meet up with some of you guys. :D

You guys are killing me with all this nats get-together talk! Certainly wish I was going...

Ya'll all have a Corona for me...put it on Bamford's tab (even though he won't be there either) :whistle:

"First With Guns",

Jim

Guys,

Don't forget to take plenty of pictures, both of the models, and of the party-goers. The rest of us slobs who can't make it would sure like to see what we're missing.

You guys are killing me with all this nats get-together talk! Certainly wish I was going...

Ya'll all have a Corona for me...put it on Bamford's tab (even though he won't be there either) wink.gif

"First With Guns",

Jim

Jim,

You planning on heading up the road to Virginia Beach next year? We need to catch up, and it's definitely within striking distance for you. :cheers:

OK, guys. How about Friday at 5:00 PM in the Degrees Wine and Patio Bar? Does that work for most people?

OK, depends on judging. I'm working organization all day, need to grab a bite, then back in for judging so I might not make it ...

John

I'll be there on Saturday. I've never been to a Nats and have only been to one model show which was the Tamiyacon 2006. Since I live in Oceanside (San Diego), it's not too hard for me to get to. So I am looking forward to this.

Mikester, great album!