Pease Air show

I made my way back east yesterday for the Pease Wings of Hope Airshow. I had not been to Pease since it was Pease AFB when I was a kid in the Reagan 80s. I used to love driving up to Maine on 95 because you could almost be guaranteed to see some F-111 activity over the highway.

The show was not bad, a little light on the static displays and no "headliner acts" - however the F/A-18C demo team and pilot flew the hell out of their jet :whistle:. Since I can not make it to next weekends show on the Cape this may be my last for the season.

The major drawback with this show was that someone drastically underestimated the number of porta-johns required for such an event. I have never experienced toilet lines as long as these at any airshow before.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy these sample pics (I still don't have a proper airshow camera - maybe next year).

-Aaron

C-47

PeaseARC_1.jpg

civilian version

PeaseARC_2.jpg

B-2

PeaseARC_3.jpg

L-39

PeaseARC_4.jpg

KC-135

PeaseARC_5.jpg

Navy heritage

PeaseARC_6.jpg

Artsy F-16

PeaseARC_7.jpg

F-86

PeaseARC_8.jpg

P-40

PeaseARC_9.jpg

Good pictures, but I've developed a beef with the B-2 fly-bys at airshows. All we ever see is the bottom of the damn thing. Why can't they make one long arching pass, like the Thunderbirds Pass in Review, and let us get a picture of the top of the aircraft?

Chappie

Nice pics, but does the Navy really own its own L-39 or is that some civilian bird painted in Navy colors?

Civilian-owned, bogus colors. There's an L-39 around in Blue Angels markings, and at least one with Thunderbirds markings as well. Kinda bugs me, but I couldn't tell you why.