As I wait for the weather to corporate so that I can paint, I decided to start this little kit. It's Revell's boxing of the Otaki kit. I've scratch built a cockpit for it. I used a spare seat from Dragon's F-18E kits. I know it's not the same as what was in the F-105, but it's a lot better than having nothing in there. I've got some Microscale decals for it as well. The only thing I'm missing is the canopy :cheers: Anyways, here are some pics.

DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2045.jpg

DSCN2046.jpg

Until next time,

John

Got one of these finished from way back to about 1986, sitting on the shelf right above me, and another in the box up in the attic just waiting for me to come up with inspiration. Where, oh where to find a boat load of 1/144 750 pounders........

Good luck John, and I'll keep an eye on this one!

Rick L.

• 2 months later...

Hey John,

Sorry, I don't have a spare F-105 canopy. However it looks like Arii is about to release a 3-pack of Thunderchiefs. You could swipe a canopy from that set and still have enough parts to build two more (if you're into thuds that is). See here. The decals look nice too.

Chris

P.S. Oh! And nice looking build so far! How nice are dragon for giving us two seats with every single seater super hornet.

Edited by ChristopherC

Update: Model is all painted. I just need to do some touch up work and it should be about time for decals. I'll try to post a photo later on.

Ok here's a quick snap-shot

DSCN2236.jpg

Like I said, it still needs some touch up work and I need to repaint the cockpit.

Chris: I might just have to purchase that 3 pack if I can't find a canopy before then.

John

Edited by John King
  • 2 weeks later...

Well here's an update. It's all painted and decaled. All I have to do is put another clear coat on it and add the landing gear and it'll be done. I say done, but it'll still be missing a canopy :woo: I used a mechanical pencil to do the panel lines.

DSCN2287.jpg

DSCN2286.jpg

Let me know what you all think.

:thumbsup:

John

All done! :salute: except for the canopy which is still MIA :coolio: After taking the photos I noticed a few seams :) but I think it'll look good w/the rest of my 1/144th stuff. I also should have spent some more time getting the vertical stab sitting right; there's a small gap on the left side. Oh well. Any comments and critiques are more than welcome. Oh, and if someone has a spare canopy they want to get rid of, let me know.

DSCN2292.jpg

DSCN2291.jpg

DSCN2290.jpg

DSCN2289.jpg

DSCN2288.jpg

I'm also wondering if the USAF words should be in the dark blue like they are or in black...Thanks for looking.

John