Anyone watch Ghost in the Shell?

Popped this kit together the moment I got my hands on it. This is a relaxing build for someone with AMS. No modifications, some sanding on moveable parts. Easy construction. Built and painted over a one month period.

Jigabachi means wasp in japanese. In the anime series, it was fighting the heroes 'spider' vehicle/droids. If you havent seen Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, go watch them! Its awesome.

Shot pix last weekend as it was fairly sunny, used the sky as backdrop....

DSC00040.jpg

With the 'sting' (gatling cannon) deployed:

DSC00037.jpg.

And retracted (flying mode):

DSC00042-1.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

I broke the tail boom unfortunately and the small piece went missing... oh well, it won't be missed.... Hope you enjoyed looking as much as I enjoyed building it.

Very nice job on that Jigabachi!

Yes, we do get GitS:SAC here in the states and I love it! I got the first season on DVD saturday and I finished it last night, can't wait for the second season DVD set. They had a Jigabachi early on in the first season, but it was a different design (though it was still called Jigabachi) and color scheme.

I got my kit from HLJ a couple of weeks back (along with both a 1:24 Tachikoma and Uchikoma) and primary assembly is complete. I just have to paint it and finish the final assembly before weathering and possible decaling (I'm a little bothered that there aren't any stencils or markings, so I may make my own.). I haven't touched the Tachikoma that is included with the Jigabachi kit yet though; how did yours turn out?

I'm hoping they release the Tilt-Wing next!

Now that looks cool! Great job! :blink: The name "wasp" is certainly fitting!

GitS:SAC was on German MTV for some time. Didn't see that may episodes, though. But what I saw was great.

The film "Ghost in the Shell" was on German TV not too long ago. Outstanding film. Anybody know how the sequel is?

Does the Tachikoma also have rather baby- or child-like voice in the English series? Or was that just due to dodgy German dubbing? Sounded rather strange, at times.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Now that looks cool! Great job! :blink: The name "wasp" is certainly fitting!

GitS:SAC was on German MTV for some time. Didn't see that may episodes, though. But what I saw was great.

The film "Ghost in the Shell" was on German TV not too long ago. Outstanding film. Anybody know how the sequel is?

Does the Tachikoma also have rather baby- or child-like voice in the series? Or was that just due to dodgy German dubbing? Sounded rather strange, at times.

The English-dubbed version still has that high pitched child-like voice for the Tachikoma's with the amazing weaponry...kinda scary and cool at the same time!

Very Cool Model,

the only thing I have by Shirow is the model of the android from Black Magic M-88, want to get some of the GITS ones,

I have to wait,

went too crazy on a few other anime models

take care

George

First off, and I say this only to clarify, the films and TV series operate in two totally different continuities. That said, Innocence is visually very stunning, but the storyline centers around around a murder investigation undertaken by Batô and Togusa. It's a sci-fi detective story.

Does the Tachikoma also have rather baby- or child-like voice in the English series? Or was that just due to dodgy German dubbing? Sounded rather strange, at times.

Yes, it was hard to tell at first, but each Tachikoma had it's own voice (it wasn't the same voice actor). That was part of the character, helping to illustrate the dichotomy of them being a battle tank and an evolving sense of self-awareness. It offered some comedic relief; one of the funniest things I saw on the series was a Tachikoma involved in a fire-fight, firing it's minigun and hearing that hi-pitched voice say "You want a piece of me!?!" And there's always at least one character in any given anime that has a hi-pitched voice.

First off, and I say this only to clarify, the films and TV series operate in two totally different continuities. That said, Innocence is visually very stunning, but the storyline centers around around a murder investigation undertaken by Batô and Togusa. It's a sci-fi detective story.

Ah, I see. Well, gotta go rent that someday. I absolutely loved the first film. Isn't it ironic that a film revolving around cyborgs actually offers more in the way of existentialistic questions and problems than films with a "human" storyline revolving around the same human existentialistic issues? Seems like sci-fi is today's fable.

I've read that GitS:SAC also has its own film now.

That was part of the character, helping to illustrate the dichotomy of them being a battle tank and an evolving sense of self-awareness.

Yeah, that does make perfect sense. Now that you say it. :) I just thought that that might have been yet another case of a dodgy dubbing.

Yes, we do get GitS:SAC here in the states and I love it! I got the first season on DVD saturday and I finished it last night, can't wait for the second season DVD set. They had a Jigabachi early on in the first season, but it was a different design (though it was still called Jigabachi) and color scheme.

I got my kit from HLJ a couple of weeks back (along with both a 1:24 Tachikoma and Uchikoma) and primary assembly is complete. I just have to paint it and finish the final assembly before weathering and possible decaling (I'm a little bothered that there aren't any stencils or markings, so I may make my own.). I haven't touched the Tachikoma that is included with the Jigabachi kit yet though; how did yours turn out?

I'm hoping they release the Tilt-Wing next!

Thanks Trigger! Yeah this is the Jigabachi AV as opposed to just Jigabachi for the earlier version. I think AV stands for advanced. I wouldn't mind if they released the earlier version as well. I believe I have seen one done in resin by some Japanese mob.

You are right about the lack of markings... Some decals, unit marks would be nice.

I am still in the process of building the little Tachikoma, I have painted the base blue colour, it goes together well for such a small thing. And its quite well articulated....!

Here's a peek:

DSC00021-1.jpg

i'll try to paint the silver highlights this weekend.

Now that looks cool! Great job! :thumbsup: The name "wasp" is certainly fitting!

Hi Moritzee

ha ha, the child like voice is a shirow thing. He likes to throw in cutesy elements in his manga and anime. I think it breaks up the seriousness of the themes.

The sequel was a bit boring. Nice to look at but boring. Its very dark though, future crime through the use of the web and cybernetically enhanced humans is pretty scary and daunting. The sequel is done by a director known for his 'stylish' approach, more like an art house type approach. His anime is kinda slow moving and usually has some plot twists at the end. He also did some of the Patlabor movies.

:)

Very Cool Model,

the only thing I have by Shirow is the model of the android from Black Magic M-88, want to get some of the GITS ones,

I have to wait,

went too crazy on a few other anime models

take care

George

Hey George

I always like the M66 android... do you have a pic of that model??

IMHO, the second season just blows the first season away.... heaps more action and Motoko's past is explained. Then you get to see some of the supporting characters past explained as well... I think you'll love the episode where they talk about Saito, the sniper dude.

Also the Jigabachi appears in more than one episode!!!! Watch it, its really good!!!

:thumbsup:

Seems like sci-fi is today's fable.

Absolutely.

I've read that GitS:SAC also has its own film now.

Yes, GitS:SAC Solid State Society. Takes place a couple of years after the events of the 2nd Gig (2nd Season) and it's rumored that it's to test the waters for a third season. Let us hope that comes to pass.

Thanks Trigger! Yeah this is the Jigabachi AV as opposed to just Jigabachi for the earlier version. I think AV stands for advanced. I wouldn't mind if they released the earlier version as well. I believe I have seen one done in resin by some Japanese mob.

You are right about the lack of markings... Some decals, unit marks would be nice.

I am still in the process of building the little Tachikoma, I have painted the base blue colour, it goes together well for such a small thing. And its quite well articulated....!

Here's a peek:

DSC00021-1.jpg

i'll try to paint the silver highlights this weekend.

Ah, I didn't think about that regarding the Jigabachi/Jigabachi AV.

Tachikoma looks good, keep us posted on it's progress.

IMHO, the second season just blows the first season away.... heaps more action and Motoko's past is explained. Then you get to see some of the supporting characters past explained as well... I think you'll love the episode where they talk about Saito, the sniper dude.

Also the Jigabachi appears in more than one episode!!!! Watch it, its really good!!!

Agreed. The 2nd Gig has played here as well on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim lineup, and I've seen probably half of it. Seen the episode explaining Saito and the first episode with the Jigabachi, but not the second one. Individual DVDs containing 3-4 episodes have been released, but the entire season as a whole has not yet and I'll probably wait on that.

Great looking Jigabachi Joe !

GITS: SAC & 2nd Gig are my all time favorite Anime !

SSS is awesome, compelling story and the visuals are stunning ...

I got the LE DVD that comes with the second disc of extras and also the CD soundtrack all packed in a beautiful metal case ... Supposedly, the rumor is, Production IG will announce a thrid season soon ... :D

I enjoyed the GITS movie alot but I Love the look and feel of the SAC series much more, to me, it's closer to Shirow's manga in that regard ...

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
Hey Joe, you're a member on Lucas' Shirow Forums, I'm GreyGhost over there too ... Cool !

Gregg

LOL, that's great. So it seems we have more in common ha ha ha... yeah i lurked there for a while before i joined. GITS is also one my fav anime/manga series.... great combination of story/intellect/action/hot looking babes.... :o

LOL, that's great. So it seems we have more in common ha ha ha... yeah i lurked there for a while before i joined. GITS is also one my fav anime/manga series.... great combination of story/intellect/action/hot looking babes.... :blink:

Couldn't have said it any better !

I also love (New) Dominion: Tank Police, that series is extremely funny !

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Personally, Innocence is more like Blade Runner. The mood is set like it even, moody... slow... I admit I am a huge fan of Motoko Kusunagi and not having her in Innocence was a disappointment for me.

I suggest Appleseed too, darn fantastic graphic and story. BUT is Dominion out in English already? Darn, those I have are in Japanese and in chinese subtitle.

Anyway, great job on the Wasp!

B

B, do you mean the manga or DVD of Tank Police ?

If you mean the DVDs, they have been out with english dub for awhile now ... Check Amazon, they might have them ... I am having a hard time finding New Dominion on DVD though, seems like its print run was short ... I have the series on VHS though ....

Gregg

Hey Gregg,

Yeah, the Tank Police on DVD. I got all the mangas of this one... I think... but I am out of touch with animes for a long while now. The last I saw are Seed Destiny.

I have the Tank Police on VCD but its in Japanese and I do not understand a single word. :salute:

I will check out on New Dominion too, thanks!

B

Hey Gregg,

Yeah, the Tank Police on DVD. I got all the mangas of this one... I think... but I am out of touch with animes for a long while now. The last I saw are Seed Destiny.

I have the Tank Police on VCD but its in Japanese and I do not understand a single word. :blink:

I will check out on New Dominion too, thanks!

B

Here ya go B ...

>>> Clicky <<<

I've ordered from the Caiman seller before with good results ...

HTH

Gregg

Many thanks Gregg,

Darn, I almost forgotten about the Puma Sisters. Whew! LOL!

I placed an order for this yesterday in the LHS but the prices on Caiman and the rest are pretty good tho.

Next one will be the complete Stand Alone Complex. Only saw an episode! :coolio:

B

Many thanks Gregg,

Darn, I almost forgotten about the Puma Sisters. Whew! LOL!

I placed an order for this yesterday in the LHS but the prices on Caiman and the rest are pretty good tho.

Next one will be the complete Stand Alone Complex. Only saw an episode! :P

B

how can anyone forget the puma sisters???? mmmmmmmm...... :cheers: