Anyone watch Ghost in the Shell?

HEY!! I'm working on one of those too! :P

I ditched the wasp-abdomen though, and am pushing it more in the direction of an Apache/Hind. :cheers:

hey rotorhead, please post some in-prog pics!!! i gotta check out your 'design'!!!!!

Interesting thing about that image (for me at least) is, the lighting is such that it has a certain anime feel to it.

It does????? Wow i must be a better photographer than i thought!!!!!!! he he he :cheers:

ANyway the little Tachikoma that came in the kit is almost done, will be posting pictures soon!!!

hey rotorhead, please post some in-prog pics!!! i gotta check out your 'design'!!!!!

Here ya go... it's not finished or painted yet.

I've got to finish cleaning up some putty mess around the scabbed-on flare launchers, then I'm going to give it the 3-color camo and markings of a JGSDF AH-1 Cobra.

ah1s1.jpg

Whaddaya think?

jiga1.jpg

jiga2.jpg

Here ya go... it's not finished or painted yet.

I've got to finish cleaning up some putty mess around the scabbed-on flare launchers, then I'm going to give it the 3-color camo and markings of a JGSDF AH-1 Cobra.

ah1s1.jpg

Whaddaya think?

Hey I really like what you did with the landing gear, esp in the use of the spare parts in the box :( :worship:

I see you also positioned the weapons differently! nice!

It looks a lot more agile without its fat bum!!

Very cool, looking forward to seeing the camo on! Your idea is great, I may put some JSDF decals on mine!

:banana:

LOL Trigger, did you do those??? I love the one parked between the cars he he he. LOVE IT!

I wish. I found those here while looking around for line drawings of Tachikomas. There's about 15 total pix like those. Yeah, the parked Tachi pic is cool, and I wouldn't mind having a real one for myself - it'd make the rush hour commute a lot more interesting!

I ditched the wasp-abdomen though, and am pushing it more in the direction of an Apache/Hind. :doh:

Looks really cool! :thumbsup: I'm sure it will look awesome in JGSDF camo. :woot.gif:

With the high tail-boom, the "bubbly" "canopy" *, the landing gear and the whole thing leaning backwards, I'd say it looks more of a Hind than an Apache. :lol:

EDIT:

* Does this thing have a "canopy" with a pilot in it or is it an UCAV? :unsure:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
With the high tail-boom, the "bubbly" "canopy", the landing gear and the whole thing leaning backwards, I'd say it looks more of a Hind than an Apache. :woot.gif:

I'm still on the fence about the 'sit' of it. The rotor disk tilts up at the front, like an autogyro would, so I think I'm going to hack the rotormast a little, and incline the disk more toward the front.

Overall, it's a very nice kit, not like many of the semi-snap-togethers from Japan that I've previously built (Gundam HGUC, for example). I only cut off a few of the alignment pins to match up major parts, and almost no filler was required. I did fill in some of the small gaps with Mr. Surfacer, but that's more me being uptight than a fault of the kit. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - HLJ has the 1:24 Tachikoma kit listed as discontinued. You can still get one, but it's the transparent version and the Uchikoma kit is the Tachikoma kit with new sprues added to build the Uchi (although the instructions don't mention this and you'll have to do some figuring out of your own in order to build a Tachi out of this kit if you've never built one before).

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got this one around to the paint-booth. This is just the basic camo - I haven't got the decals or weathering done - but it's a good first look.

So you guys tell me; is it "Winner" or "Wiener"??

camo2.jpg

camo1.jpg

Winner! Very cool paint job. I considered finishing mine in such colors, but it wouldn't have looked as good as yours.

• 3 weeks later...

I got one of these too!! From a SIG friend at Coventry Air Museum. Never heard of the show but the kit looks just great.

The guy I got it from says he plans to do his in a UK Army Air Corps scheme like the Apache or Lynx, which kind of puts me off doing it the same way. But I plan to wait till his gets done so I can avoid directly copying him.

Nick B)