Anyone watch Ghost in the Shell?

Yeah, the series is pretty good. I liked SSS too, but it felt like they took a plot outline for a third season and compressed it into a movie. Hopefully we'll get a third season.

Edited by Trigger

Yeah, I guess you could say that about SSS ... Still really enjoyable ...

I've read that Production IG is still hinting at a third season ... Yoko Kanno I guess has even hinted at it ...

Gregg

Gosh, i have to get off my lazy *** and watch SSS, and get back to more model building....

My little Tachikoma is still unfinished... Its in the final stages, just gotta spray the white bits and pop them on.

Lori and I have watched two eps so far and are enjoying the series very much.

I have always enjoyed anime shows (barring the real bizarre stuff like Geist) since I saw Marine Boy in the mid 70's as a knee high.

:bandhead2:

MikeJ

since I saw Marine Boy in the mid 70's as a knee high.

we in the same age group then, mike?

i think one of the main reason TV shows have improved recently is because the stories have matured and doesnt insult the intelligence of the viewers., factors which have always made anime so great to watch.

since I saw Marine Boy in the mid 70's as a knee high.

we in the same age group then, mike?

Sounds like it :blink:

i think one of the main reason TV shows have improved recently is because the stories have matured and doesnt insult the intelligence of the viewers., factors which have always made anime so great to watch.

Absolutely. It has been a long journey since Marine Boy, Battle of the Planets and Gigantor!

The high-pitched voices on the Tachikomas aren't the fault of any dubbing. Here's a clip from the original Japanese:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMXh9gMNmgY

I always figured the reasoning behind the voice was because of their child-like AI. The Tachikomas were always very innocent and curious, like little kids so the voice was always very appropriate.

Man, every time I open this thread and see that model I'm tempted to pick one up. Very cool! :D

awesome, Rotorhead! the mods you did and the neat paintjob... wow! awesome!!!!!

actually looking at your build it gives me an idea, if i ever do a jigabachi again, i'll replace the kits rotor with a RAH66 Comanche one... looking at your build just made me realise that the standard jigabchi rotor looks kinda ugly... :doh:

Agreed on the ugliness of the rotors! I was debating a similar switch, but in the interests of finishing something I decided to go with the kit parts, just ditching the radar dome.

As for the decals; the JGSDF titles came from a Fujimi sheet of all J-services markings scripts, the roundels came from the 1/144th Sweet kit of the A6M Zero, and the rest came from Italeri's 1/72nd scale Hughes MD-500 Defender.

Last night i more or less finished my 1/72 Tachikoma that came with the Jigabachi kit. The colour is a bit dark I know, I used a Tamiya Mica Blue rattle can. The chrome bits were painted using a mixture of Tamiya's chrome marker and Gunze Gundam chrome marker (which is really bright!- highly recommended!). The 'eyes' were airbrushed Tamiya acrylic white.

Before I could finish, I was rudely interrupted by the appearance of two hunstman spiders in my home, one male and one female. After capturing both of them, I placed them in a clear plastic box. 30 minutes later, the female was happily sucking on the male....

tachikoma.jpg

Ouch, that was a nasty love bite! Being a male in the spider world is not something I would aspire too!

Nice model BTW, Lori and I am enjoying this series a lot. We are now exploring the confusing world of anime looking for other series to watch such as New Dominion Tank Police!

Mike, New Dominion is good ...

Another series I really enjoyed is "Planetes" ...

Joe, nice work on the Lil' Tachi !

But those real spiders give me the creeps !

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
Mike, New Dominion is good ...

Another series I really enjoyed is "Planetes" ...

Joe, nice work on the Lil' Tachi !

But those real spiders give me the creeps !

Gregg

I watched Dominion Tank Police back in the mid 90's, so this is going to be another good series I feel.

is this the new dominion series you are referring too? Its out already? wow! gotta go find it.

mmm, if you like eye candy, try and watch the new appleseed movie (well not new, a few years old), the story is typical japanese anime cheese, but the 3D animation is pretty cool.

yea, i hate spiders too, but have this morbid fascination with them. about 15 years ago, one hot summers night, we had all the doors and windows open... bad mistake. i was sleeping on the couch and i felt something crawling near my neck, instinctively brushed it and BANG!.... ouch! what the hell was that??? turned on the light and i saw this 8cm/3in diameter huntsman scampering away.

i had an itchy rash on that bite spot for almost 2 years.

back to the tachi, yeah i still need to install the little feet...