Anyone watch Ghost in the Shell?

New Dominion: Tank Police was a short run tv series in Japan around 1994 ... It's a little more comedic than the movie ...

Yeah, spiders can be a problem in the Summer time here in Missouri also ... ewwww ... We see a lot of Brown Recluse and Wolf Spiders ...

Gregg

• 2 weeks later...

23-11-07

Bleach is quite the awesome show as well...and it's deep into the Soul Society ARC ( which I believe was being shown by Robot Chicken in the US).

Anime Central is the station I watch here in Ireland. They "share" their broadcast station with another channel and thus only start screening at 9pm...Ghost in the Shell Second Gig, Bleach, Wolf's Rain (with a Billy Idol look-a-like), Cowboy Beebop ( quite good) and Hack//Sign (odd, but deep).

They did show Fulmetal Alchemist and Planetes both ecellent shows and I found Fullmetal to be both imaginative, fun, dramatic and in equal turns horrorific ( the final shot of Al (?) the brother in the suit of armour, on his knees with the blood of hte murdered Homoculus running down his front and sides from his insides)and entertaining.

Loving GITS:SG but it can a bit philisophical for my tastes. Still, great show and terrific animation.

Liam

• 1 month later...
Undead Thread....... :blink:

I just found this, a new sci-fi heli apparently from Patlabor. It's due from Kotobukiya in the Spring, and sure looks like a winner!

KOT07121799.jpg

Good price as well, converting Yen to AUD.

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Good find Rotorhead !

I wasn't aware of this even on the horizon, thanks !

Gregg

In my searches for more, I also came across this Kodansha 'ATH Jigabachi':

Jigabachi_1.jpg

Jigabachi_2.jpg

I'm hoping that Kotobukiya might do it in plastic, because there is no way I can justify shelling out $150 for the resin kit - assuming that I could even find one!!

In my searches for more, I also came across this Kodansha 'ATH Jigabachi':

Jigabachi_1.jpg

Jigabachi_2.jpg

I'm hoping that Kotobukiya might do it in plastic, because there is no way I can justify shelling out $150 for the resin kit - assuming that I could even find one!!

yeah i am hoping that Koto will one day bring out that version in plastic kit form... you can forget abt buying the resin version, i tried looking for it already... if you look carefully in the anime, this version also appears alongside the 'advanced' version.

Undead Thread....... :thumbsup:

I just found this, a new sci-fi heli apparently from Patlabor. It's due from Kotobukiya in the Spring, and sure looks like a winner!

KOT07121799.jpg

yeah Good find rotorhead!!! that appears in Patlabor II... always wanted a kit of that!! HLJ, here i come...

MadMike, you're right, with the current strong ozzie dollar, its worth buying now!

yeah Good find rotorhead!!! that appears in Patlabor II... always wanted a kit of that!! HLJ, here i come...

MadMike, you're right, with the current strong ozzie dollar, its worth buying now!

Just ordered my kit :woot.gif:

:banana:

MikeJ

• 3 years later...

Holy Undead Batman thread revival! :woot.gif:

Been watchin' a lot of Ghost in the Shell lately (all three films and both series - now hoping for a third series! :pray:) - and promptly bought a Jigabachi from HLJ. :banana:

The Jigabachi is actually the cause for the zombiefication of this thread: Did anybody else notice that the Jigabachi pilot (from "Episode 04: Natural Enemy" of GitS:SAC 2nd GIG) is also a scale modeller? :woot.gif: When Togusa investigates the pilot's flat, you can see he has a (rather modest) stash of Tamiya and Dragon kits. :lol: Mostly armour kits, though, from what I remember.

And is it me, or has the director of the Cyberbrain Closed Shell Syndrome Rehabilitation Centre (from "Episode 08: PORTRAITZ" from GitS:SAC) an uncanny resemblance to Nurse Ratched from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"? Given that the series is full of.... homage is too strong... "nods of the head" to other works in art, it wouldn't surprise me if this was done on purpose. Especially with the Rehabilitation Centre background in this case.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

The Jigabachi is actually the cause for the zombiefication of this thread: Did anybody else notice that the Jigabachi pilot (from "Episode 04: Natural Enemy" of GitS:SAC 2nd GIG) is also a scale modeller? :woot.gif: When Togusa investigates the pilot's flat, you can see he has a (rather modest) stash of Tamiya and Dragon kits. :lol: Mostly armour kits, though, from what I remember.

Good to see that both are still around after WWIII.