Greetings Comrades!

Welcome to the "Wings of the Red Star" Group Build. This is the place where GB related announcements and news can be posted. Firstly, I would ask you all to be patient with me, as I have never participated in a GB, much less moderated one! There might be some growing pains along the way, but I do catch on when something's beat into my head enough times...

Mad Mike and Raymond will be moderating as well, so I'm sure this will be a good one....

Now, on to the rules:

1.) There are no regstration deadlines. The only deadline is to finish your model by the end of the GB, which is 23 February 2008. To register, please contact a moderator via PM.

2.) Any Soviet-designed aircraft that was OPERATIONAL with the Soviet Union during the COLD WAR years (1946 - 1991) are allowed. This includes jet and propeller driven aircraft as well as helicopters. Since civil AEROFLOT aircraft were reserves for the military, they will also be allowed. Prototypes, x-planes and "what-ifs" are not allowed.

3.) All manners of model construction allowed: Out-of-box, aftermarket parts and scratch building. If you wish to enter with an already-started kit, this will be allowed as long as it's only one or two things done. Please contact me prior to entering a started kit.

4.) Have fun!!!

- Patrick

EDIT (6 September 2007): Rules Change.

Edited by Kalashnikov-47

Soo, the chekisti have arrived for this (K)GB, eh ...

:coolio:

Pryvet !

i am fellow zampolit for this GB, comrade Kalashnikov has done a fine job in presenting our 5 year plan, so all the best!

к красной звезде!!

Comrades, why has the participant/model list been locked already? Do I have to defect to get in?

I might wanna add an La-15 or a MiG-29 9-13 as possible extras with the already signed in Tu-16. Being a slow builder, I might not be able to finish them, but you never know.

Jan - I didn't discuss it with Raymond, but I think he locked that particular thread so it would be accessed by moderators only. Anyone is welcome to change their GB entries or newbies are welcome to join in the GB at a later date, as long as they can finish their model by the end of the GB.

Just PM one of the mods for changes and additions and we'll be happy to help!

:thumbsup:

- Patrick

I have found that getting a definitive list of entries means scrolling through a heap of non related comments and posts to compile the list.

What Ray has done is to create a pinned list that can be add to only by us Zampolits. That way the list is "pure".

:cheers:

MikeJ

hiya

my fellow zampolits have hit the nail on the head! (or sickle with the hammer?) :P

feel free to add, change entries...its jsut a lil mod housekeeping to make it easier when dishing out the loot at the end of the GB to have everything in a nice' n tidy list :D

The only real important thing is your names there, i add the models, cos its fun to see what ppl are working on :blink: