Probably gonna start with a Tu-4, or maybe a Su-7, Then again there is a Tu-16 that is screaming for me to start. and before this build is over I am gonna attempt my AN-22.

So may choices, so little time.

ray :banana:

Mad Mike, that Su-7 is one of my favorite 1/48 scale kits of Russian aircraft. Although I'm not an active 1/48 scale modeller, I have several of these kits in my stash. I also have the KAZAN Su-11 conversion if I ever want to be adventurous with the orginal kit.

I will follow any Su-7 build with great interest!

BTW, is there any aftermarket available for the Su-7?

Mad Mike, that Su-7 is one of my favorite 1/48 scale kits of Russian aircraft. Although I'm not an active 1/48 scale modeller, I have several of these kits in my stash. I also have the KAZAN Su-11 conversion if I ever want to be adventurous with the orginal kit.

yes, several sets, neomega makes a cockpit, eduard make some nice photo etch. I think there is another company but can't remember right now.

Ray

Ok, so I'll start with something "easy". A Zvezda Mi-8 in Aeroflot colors (blue and orange) with Heliborne resin cockpit. I do not plan to detail the cabin instead: too much work for now, I want to do something relatively quickly

Then think I'll work on an ICM MiG-29 Fulcrum C (of course with a new cockpit and other bits).

If time allows, I'll try to finish one of the big bombers I have: Esci Tu-22m2 and AModel Tu-160 (but won't count as GB entries as they are already started, unless I take instead Trumpeter Tu-95 and 160 that are still in their boxes)

Ok, so I'll start with something "easy". A Zvezda Mi-8 in Aeroflot colors (blue and orange) with Heliborne resin cockpit. I do not plan to detail the cabin instead: too much work for now, I want to do something relatively quickly

Yuri, do you mean this?

Mi-8_02.jpg

Yuri, do you mean this?

Mi-8_02.jpg

Yes. I found on Airliners.net also a couple of Hips painted white and blue instead of orange and blue, but this seems the more used scheme. Still have to decide which specific Hip to depict (some had no radar altimeter box on the tail boom).

My An-12 build so far. Not much. I glued and puttied the fuselage parts, but I still have a bit more to putty and sand, judging by the photos...

an-12-1.jpg

an-12-2.jpg

Oh, I also glued the wings together.

Ricardo

I picked up 5 of them for AU$2 last year. Bargain!

This will be the first 1:48 scale kit for a couple of years for me. I really want to build it, once I get over the horrible aircraft orientated block I have at the moment.

My cure is 1:72 braille scale armour. :woot.gif:

:cheers:

MikeJ

I'm in with my Tupolev Tu-16K10 Badger C, Trumpeter 1613, in 1/72.

2005127173935.jpg

I got it from Breadboard in the Great 2006 Holiday Kit Give Away, so this will be a great opportunity to give it a go. Thanks Hal! :o

Edited by Swedish Mick

Hello, a MiG-15 qualifies doesn't it? If so, I'm in with a Tamiya 1/48 MiG-15bis plus whatever extras I can find for starters. I'm really excited for this GB, really looking forward to seeing everyone's work!

Edited by ac4313
i wanna do something too, but mig-29k doesn't qualify, and can't spend a lot on something else. anyy suggestions?

Try the Academy MiG-21MF on for size. It's inexpensive (~$20), it's big (1/48) but small (it is a Fishbed), the schemes are nearly unlimited, and it's hard NOT to find references on the web.

Edited by svaz

I was thinking of building this:

amo7227.jpg

together with this:

amo7291.jpg

But not sure since I have several russians in my stash like the Tu-95MS and Tu-16K-26 from trumpeter, Roden's An-12, Amodel's Il-76, Su-11, Su-15, Italeri's Su-17, Revell's Su-27 and MiG-21F-13, KP's Su-7... presume that's nearly everything. So I propose a second edition for next year? :D

Let's try and finish these 2 first, don't think that'll be easy actually :D

Greetings