maybe I will do mig-23 or mig-27. I know there are 1/48 italery kits available out there. But, are there any aftermarket parts available for them?

There are aftermarket goodies but the holy grail of the -23/-27 after market set is the OOP Kazan correction set. They pop up on eBay every now and again but they are just too darn expensive.

If there were a way to correct that atrocious cockpit area I could forgive everything else ... :blink:

maybe I will do mig-23 or mig-27. I know there are 1/48 italery kits available out there. But, are there any aftermarket parts available for them?

Or, does Su-27 qualify?

The "basic" Su-27 qualifies (but not the later versions), you just need to check the markings (no russian flags, double headed eagels, and most nose art / special schemes, they all came after 1991).

I know... and it looks like they screwed big time on the nose too. Check this build article:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/models...modl_il-38.html

Ricardo

OMG! Anyway, at that stage he hadn't anything else to do (unless he decided to saw away the cockpit and reinstall it) but from photos the problem doesn't seem to be in the windshield attachment point, look at the head on picture at the end, the whole nose (panel lines, cockpit floor and seat, wheel well) is turned to the left (counter-clockwise).

The problem is probably in the fibreglass "step" on which you should glue the plastic nose, it's probably not even. I don't have the kit at hand, so I can't be sure, but I think it wouldn't be a great deal to fix it when you know what to do, just forget the molding step and panel lines, trim plastic and/or fibreglass to turn the whole nose more clockwise and with a little milliput to fill the holes it should work.

If you can handle a resin/fibreglass kit that would be just a minor thing to fix.

Btw, I don't know if the parts are the same and so if there's the same problem or not, but also the guys doing the civil Il-18 should check if the kit has the same nasty surprise...

Edited by Yuri
Maybe Amodel has corrected it.

That's highly possible, Ricardo. I've started my Il-18 and I expected many of the parts would be the same. I even printed out Ken's Il-38 article as reference. I have attached the nose assembly to the fuselage and I'm happy to report that it all lined up just fine. The fit is terrible, but it is an Amodel kit and not Hasegawa. I'll be posting photographs of my progress soon.

- Patrick

I'm up for a Mig-25RBS in 1/48 (killin' a Revell kit), will probably throw in an Academy Mig-21 of some flavor to say I managed to complete a kit during this build.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by parche

Okay... This doesn't fly and it doesn't have a red star... but it's Soviet.

It's Hobby Boss' 1/700 Kilo Class submarine. This thing is small. When I opened the box I thought they forgot to put the kit and it only had the torpedo sprue :blink:

The kit consists of seven parts. The photo is not good, I know.

kilo.jpg

Ricardo

P.S. if the moderators deem fit to remove this post, since it has nothing to do with aircraft, go ahead. I know I bent the rules a bit and I don't want this GB to go astray because of me.

Edited by madcow

I think it is fun to see such things related and don't have a problem with it.

I presume that you'll build an aircraft as well for this GB because else I think our great comrade leaders will ban you to Siberia in your naked bumm :blink:

Looks good :o (I'm talking about that submarine agian...)

Greetings

I'm waiting for the Tu-128 Fiddler (eheh) to arrive to my LHS and I'm still searching for interior photos of an 80's An-12.

I'm still considering buying the Il-38 May, but since I'm also thinking about moving to a new house, I'll have to cut my expenses somewhere... The Il-38 isn't exactly cheap.

Ricardo

• 2 weeks later...