Does Anyone know the meaning of DDD&C/C's

I have searched and searched and can find no reference to the letters DDD&C/C's found on the port splinter plate of the EF-4C's from the 67 TFS Wild Weasel IV's. Does anyone know what these letters mean? I couldn't find anything in the Wild Weasel In Action book and a search of the internet turned up nothing. Puzzled?????

According to Anthony Thornborough's excellent book, 'Iron Hand', DDD&C/C = "Don's Dirty Dozen & Crew Chiefs"; I think the Don referes to Lt Col Donald J Parkhurst, commander (?) of the 67th TFS, and he took six F-4C WW-IV's and nine crews to Korat RTAFB

HTH

Mike

• 3 months later...

Yep!

If anyone else out there is building an F-4C(ww), please let me know. Some of you guys are within easy distance of one of twelve F-4C(ww) Phantoms preserved with the KA-71/ER-142 fairing under the port (left as pilot/EWO sees it) Sparrow fairing and I need shots/cooperation/drawings to get a 1/32nd scale WWIV on the road...

I might be able to assist with info other folks are seeking also to help you make the most of your Two Bobs etc.,

Cheers

Tony T

Edited by tony.t

I have some colour shots of the F-4Cww nose art that was taken originally by Cdr Al Palmer (former EWO at Korat) and a b&w version of one appeared in Iron Hand and on the Two Bobs sheet: Jail Bait, flown by Capt McLeod and Maj Don Lavigne. I have similar jet kockeys-by-nose art shots showing Squirrely Bird, Rub a dub dub..., Dick's Peace Machine, Super ###### Swiss Samlar. I don't have one of Brain Damage.

I'd be happy to share them but they are Cdr Palmer's copyright and so you would need to contact me directly to reference them for your own use only.

Am still trying to work out the complex geometry of the port Sparrow well modification that stayed with the aircraft right up until retirement.

Cheers

Tony T

Here's some pics from an EF-4C at Travis AFB. Now if anyone can get me more F-5F cockpit pics and more T-4 Dolphin cockpit photos, I'll be a happy modeler. By the way, I've seen all the recommended online sources available for those two aircraft but they aren't that comprehensive...thanks guys! :salute: Oh and I just had to make a plug for Harold of AMS Resin: his resin F-4 FOD covers are great!

th_DSCN0225.jpg

th_DSCN0215.jpg

th_DSCN0214.jpg

th_DSCN0213.jpg

th_DSCN0211.jpg