• 2 weeks later...

on the previous page! It's been....a horribly slow build.

Not to mention, I left it sitting on my desk...someone had the bright idea of putting the keyboard on top of it and broke some of the smaller pieces at he bottom of the plane.

Not to mention, I left it sitting on my desk...someone had the bright idea of putting the keyboard on top of it and broke some of the smaller pieces at he bottom of the plane.

Hi

Do not worry ! Put your aircraft upside down and glue your broken parts with a slow drying cement so that you can adjust the angles.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

That is a shame, Mr. Rasczak. A few years ago I built an Eduard Bristol Tighter, coverted to a 'tropical' type serving in Palestine in '28, and within hours of its completion, a child who shall remain nameless subjected it to an impromptu load test, stressing it to destruction with a bag of lollipops set on its upper wing. Repair was impossible.

I hope you will be able to fix yours.

That is a shame, Mr. Rasczak. A few years ago I built an Eduard Bristol Tighter, coverted to a 'tropical' type serving in Palestine in '28, and within hours of its completion, a child who shall remain nameless subjected it to an impromptu load test, stressing it to destruction with a bag of lollipops set on its upper wing. Repair was impossible.

I hope you will be able to fix yours.

british engineering! that'll learn ya! :doh:

cheers

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guys hey guys!guess what!She's ready for some primer and paint!!!!

are you $hitting me! i thought you said it would be done by the tenth? hurry up recruit! or it's bend and thrusts for you....STOOOOOOOP to slow get back!

I guess a couple won't hurt...

Engine.

IMG_1381.jpg

Primed.

IMG_1390.jpg

I'm gonna put on a coat of green zinc chromate when I get home from work, and then probably tomorrow morning, paint the first coat of aluminum on the fuse and wings. If I keep on schedule, I should have major assembly and painting done by wednesday....

Guys, I need some help. Whats a good way to go about painting the belly band.....

http://www.aero-web.org/museums/tx/lsfm/0972.htm

Hi

The best way is to follow the fuselage lines. On Squadron in action pictures (BuNo 1009 / 1-MF-1) I can see that the red band is larger than two vertical lines but starts from one at the rear. Have you the thin black line in decal? As usual I prefer painting the red band and masking it before airbrushing the background color. Remember it was not natural metal finish but an aluminium coat to prevent corrosion.

Patrick

I have the thin black line.

I'm not sure how to paint the aluminum. I sprayed MM Non buffing aluminum, and I think the flat coat should make it look more like it's just an overcoat...Not sure..

Looking good. :tumble:

I know you said you used NON buffing metalizer, but I would buff it a little with something soft like an old T-shirt or old single(clean) sock. Just enough to take that speckled finish off the surface and then spray with a gloss coat for the decals followed by a flat coat for the finish. There are numerous techniques for achieving your desired result mine is just one.

This is the same technique I used to achieved the finish on my Monogram Panther. Only difference I used

Floquil's Old Silver to paint it.

F9F5_4.jpg

Keep it up she is looking great.

Semper Fi

looks good however i concur with rampage MM non-buffing needs a lite buff out to really look nice and take the speckles out. and i also agree with patrick i paint the band before the overall paint it's easier for me. looks real good raz!! as for berzerkley, i live in S.F. for seven years and there is one thing i learned.... berkely is for kooks!!! you shouldn't be shocked at the silliness that goes on in that freaky town.

Dan