looks good however i concur with rampage MM non-buffing needs a lite buff out to really look nice and take the speckles out. and i also agree with patrick i paint the band before the overall paint it's easier for me. looks real good raz!! as for berzerkley, i live in S.F. for seven years and there is one thing i learned.... berkely is for kooks!!! you shouldn't be shocked at the silliness that goes on in that freaky town.

Dan

You lived in S.F....................Y????? DO SAY THAT....lala.gif

I did the buffing, but it didn't quite come out well. I think another coat of paint might make a difference? I went ahead and painted on the belly stripe though. The over spray will be covered with a white stripe decal.

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

Hi

Six months ago I built this kit from the same era and I used RLM01 silver dope from Xtracolor.

I am not satisfied with the varnish which is too dull. So I suggest you do use a satin one.

Patrick

m_40751775_0.jpg

m_40751776_0.jpg

BM is probably one of the hardest paint jobs to look good. once it does though it looks real good. i think rampage may have used a couple of different colors on different panels to get that look. that is something to think about. it looks pretty good so far some panel wash and weathering will spruce that baby out. i also agree with patrick semi-gloss baby! matte looks too dull.

Dan

Your right it is an aluminum coat to prevent rusting, but I can't seem to figure out what color will give me that look. I'm probably going to use silver over what I've already done. The plane I'm modeling, link is further up in the thread, actually looks like a very light gull grey than silver.

I don't think your too far off. You'd be surprised at how much a clear coat will cut down that speckely look.

It will also help protect your red stripe for masking if you latter decide to re-paint. A bit more buffing might help too ( and I'm talking about the model :blink: )

Also aluminum doesn't exactly rust it corrodes. :coolio:

Semper Fi,

:(

how does that saying go? Young dumb and full of......

Either way, the damned color is making me mad. I don't have access to those great floquil colors so I'm stuck using what I have....

@Rampage.....same difference.

Edited by Rasczak

could be just me but it looks a little too yellow. as i remember it should be just a touch more orange. actually the center looks a little closer to the right shade. someone correct me if my eyes are off(i am getting old).

Cheers

Dan

could be just me but it looks a little too yellow. as i remember it should be just a touch more orange. actually the center looks a little closer to the right shade. someone correct me if my eyes are off(i am getting old).

Cheers

Dan

I agree with you Dan. I think if you add a drop or two of red to the yellow you'll have it.

Alright, so I have the fuse color down pat, but I'm having trouble mixing the dern wing color. I made a couple of them and they came out WAY to orange. I think I'm gonna have to head to hobbytown tomorrow and see what I can get...

Alright, so I have the fuse color down pat, but I'm having trouble mixing the dern wing color. I made a couple of them and they came out WAY to orange. I think I'm gonna have to head to hobbytown tomorrow and see what I can get...

Red is an overpowering color in mixes, Sir. Start small, and use a bit less than you think you will need to achieve the tint.

Nice to see you making such progress!