Beware Alan Bussie

I have bought from Alan Bussie in the past, and I will continue to buy from him. To date I have bought over a couple dozen kits and have more on order. Everything has gone smooth. A kit was missing a part once, and I returned the kit. He made it right, sent me a refund + shipping both ways. That's his policy. He made it right, what more can you ask for?

Looks like the message poster has a bit of sour grapes. So Alan Bussie messed up his order. The message here is that when the poster returned the kit...the entire kit as he states the other part followed later...he received his refund. And there are parts off the trees? Remember, it's a OLD MODEL KIT. Not Squadron.

I've bought from Alan Bussie for 3 years and have no plans to stop. I have turned my friends on to his site, and their experiences have been as smooth as mine.

Steve

RE the prev. post (Steve) (who I dont know) but agree with. I have been dealing with Alan Bussie for over a year and half and I have not had any trouble with him at all. The kits I have bough have arrived well packed and in good time. Every dealer may have an unsatisified customer but I am not one. Some of these kits are also very old and in one case the I had add an a flat piece of stock but I it was five minute job internal and it was no big deal. He has some real gems on his site from a time when kit modelling was new and there is interesting stuff you wont find easily except maybe EBAY. They are as (prev post) as does Alan Bussie dating back alot of of years. It is not Megahobby etc but this dosnt make any less fun if you want so real old gems.

It interesting to see how kits have changed and I intend to frequent this site. Mr. Bussie spent time looking for a kit I could not find anywhere and he was emailing me info just as I found it on his site and we met in the middle. I dont take stock in the label bad trader (this is a for sale business) not an auction -- especially when they get there money back. While he does have some new things if you are looking for some neat old stuff go here. It is worth the trip. Just realize it is OLDER stuff and Mr. Bussie is pretty clear about the state the kits as they are graded. I have and will put some friends onto this site if I think that where there needs are.

Tim Smith

Huuummm!! I noticed that too...

People will make a conspiracy out of anything. I happen to be happy with the service and found the this forum and left my comments. It too bad you people have to put it into "the man on the grassy knowl theory " when it was nothing else and the comments were my opinions. Sorry, I guess I should have waited a month before leaving the comments so you would not take this as somewthing it wasnt. Ill remeber next time to join and then go away.......for a bit.....

And how do you know it was an Italeri kit?

He read four words in to the OP? :D

Hetzer. If you are who you say you are, great, stick around, post pics of your built stuff, chat about things you're interested in, gripe about kits that are about to be released (or AREN'T announced for release). Generally become an active member of the forum. That's the best way to prove everybody wrong.

Incidentally, it shouldn't be hard for a moderator/admin to see if the various people posting are in fact one and the same.

As for the OP, people seem to have forgotten the basic facts. This isn't about 'if you get a kit missing some small piece, suck it up and scratchbuild a replacement', as Bussie's bunch keep parroting.

Jfever ordered a model kit and resin cockpit from Bussie.

Jfever was charged for but did not receive the resin cockpit. Additionally the kit was very poorly packaged and arrived damaged.

Bussie offered Jfever a refund. This is less being a good guy and more doing what he was legally obligated to do as a retailer in the US.

Jfever sent the the *complete* kit back. When it arrived, Bussie claimed it had parts missing, apparently putting the refund into question.

Jfever was charged for a resin cockpit that was not sent; received a kit that was damaged due to poor packaging; was told that parts mysteriously vanished while the kit was in the mail back to Bussie; and finally, is NOW missing those parts from one of his OWN kits, sent to appease Mr. Bussie and to prevent him from weaseling out of a refund.

How does that NOT warrant a bad trader alert?

Edited by MickeyThickey
People will make a conspiracy out of anything. I happen to be happy with the service and found the this forum and left my comments. It too bad you people have to put it into "the man on the grassy knowl theory " when it was nothing else and the comments were my opinions. Sorry, I guess I should have waited a month before leaving the comments so you would not take this as somewthing it wasnt. Ill remeber next time to join and then go away.......for a bit.....
This says it all. If you were wanting to be a member of this forum and participate, I might believe this post.

But instead, you post this little revealing tidbit....

Sorry, I guess I should have waited a month before leaving the comments so you would not take this as somewthing it wasnt. Ill remeber next time to join and then go away.......for a bit.....

This quote seems to indicate to me that you really aren't here to be an active member. The Bad Trader forum isn't the first place newbies usually check into here on ARC, I think that speaks volumes as well.

But hey, I'm just your average conspiracy theorist...... :D

Well I'm not a newbie and I've bought from Alan numerous times. I have not had any problems with the way he deals or with how the packages arrive, old opened models have always come with a rubber band around the box to prevent loss. I know some of his prices are a bit high but generally the used run-of-the-mill types are well within regular prices advertised at other second hand websites. I'll continue to buy kits from him in the future.

Robert

Id give you IP adresss (Im from Canada in my office behind a firewall) but should I have to prove myself? I get onto this site as a legitimate person and an immediately accused of being kind of mole for AB. THis does nt make me really want to stick around that much (since you have already judged me as a some kind of fake) (says alot for the "comments" I can expect later on. Good stuff. Nic e welcome...I think comments about rotten cheese etc etc say alot about the level of intelligence I m going to find here....

I think comments about rotten cheese etc etc say alot about the level of intelligence I m going to find here....
I think a total of three posts, 100% of them in this thread, proves a lot in your defense.

How would you know anything about the level of intelligence available on ARC when this is the only thread you've posted in?

Hetzer, how did you find out Mr. Bussie and his business were held up for criticism on this site? Have you been visiting ARC for a while without posting? Do you realize you're probably hurting Mr. Bussie's reputation here rather than helping it? Since we're throwing around Shakespeare, how about some Hamlet? "The Lady doth protest too much, methinks..."

:banana:

To tell you the truth I hate internet communication, to me it proved superficial and soulless too too many times. I visited ARC many times, never needed posting, everything I ever wanted to ask was asked and answered already (great site indeed). But seeing OldModelkits accused of fraud I felt the urge to cross the line and to tell my experiences which are as they are... I do not know Mr. Bussey as a such a person... talking of fraud that is why I told the digested history of my model-buying experiences. Living in a country as mine I represent a perfect pray for everybodu who wants to perform an internet trade fraud. And Mr. Bussie was aware of that all the time, yet not a single shipment went wrong... and he was always willing to wait (for months sometimes)... to you guys with PayPals this sound ridicilous... but to me every order on the Net is a nightmare...

A word or two of so many nubies on this matter - never forget that OldModelKits site is not only modeler site. It's also collector site, and nostalgia site too... those guys love it and respond... how they got the word I would'n know... but I see that opinions are very devided and I realy detest those insinuations on Mr. Bussey behalf.

And a word more about hurting Mr. bussie's reputation - how can you hurt someone with a simple honest truth? Remember how the whole Hamlet affair ended?

Damn!

I'm thinking about creating a fake profile and say a bunch of stuff about Alan Bussie too.....this is too fun!

Like maybe how Alan Bussie is so awesome, he actually stepped on the moon 10 years before Neil Armstrong. It could be like the Chuck Norris facts!

Alan Bussie once roundhouse kicked someone so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Alan Bussie out. It failed miserably.

The quickest way to a man's heart is with Alan Bussie's fist.

:popcorn:

Reading this thread is the most fun I've had all day!

I hear Chuck Norris is so though that under his beard isn't a chin, Only another fist Peter Griffin

Edited by GVoakes
Alan Bussie once roundhouse kicked someone so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.
Whoa! Really?! :banana:
Damn!

I'm thinking about creating a fake profile and say a bunch of stuff about Alan Bussie too.....this is too fun!

Like maybe how Alan Bussie is so awesome, he actually stepped on the moon 10 years before Neil Armstrong. It could be like the Chuck Norris facts!

The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Alan Bussie out. It failed miserably.

dude, join and say cool things about me. I will send you some money :banana:

And how do you know it was an Italeri kit? I didn't read that in Jfevers post...we just find it funny that the day a person makes a bad trader post four nebs show up defending the guy. These newbies have no personal info showing in there profiles and no other post since... I was born at night but it wasn't last night...as for the "whole stream of replies against someone who proved worthy of my trust" I think it was one or two against and the rest have been newbies for and the rest of us commenting on how neat it is all these new guys singing on and their only post in this thread...

"I bought a Italeri jet with an included aftermarket set..." (quoting J-fever's starting post, Avg.25. 2007 11:23PM - first line of the text)... Don't want to ofend you but you have to rethink that one of a night birth... On my behalf - maybe I was a bit overreacting with a "whole stream of replies" - there were a few of you indeed... but I'm very touchy on insinuations, I explained why... sorry if I hurt anyones feelings

Damn!

C'mon, you know that isn't going to pass - even us Slavs watched StarTrek Voyager and have never encoutered a character named Alan Bussie in an episode that tells us what happened to Amelia.

But I like your style of humor, anyway...

Sorry couldn't help it but get into the fun. I love old kung fu movies. That's one awesome roundhouse kick. If Mr Bussie was around in the fifties, Marty could have gotten back to 1985 with one roundhouse kick to the Delorean. :thumbsup:

Edited by aerofan

4 Now?

I've got no problem with anyone saying they had a good experience with a seller and their just wanting people to know that he's a good guy,but you have to admit, when there are not 1, not 2, but 4 BRAND NEW posters who have jumped out of cyberspace to defend this seller? :blink: .............It just don't smell right.........And too top it off, almost all the post are in this thread from 4 supposedly new folks......I'm just sayin'.

However, feel free to prove me and others wrong. Do as others have suggested and share some other thoughts and shoot the bull.............................Or not.

Edited by devil505
He read four words in to the OP? :salute:

Hetzer. If you are who you say you are, great, stick around, post pics of your built stuff, chat about things you're interested in, gripe about kits that are about to be released (or AREN'T announced for release). Generally become an active member of the forum. That's the best way to prove everybody wrong.

Incidentally, it shouldn't be hard for a moderator/admin to see if the various people posting are in fact one and the same.

As for the OP, people seem to have forgotten the basic facts. This isn't about 'if you get a kit missing some small piece, suck it up and scratchbuild a replacement', as Bussie's bunch keep parroting.

Jfever ordered a model kit and resin cockpit from Bussie.

Jfever was charged for but did not receive the resin cockpit. Additionally the kit was very poorly packaged and arrived damaged.

Bussie offered Jfever a refund. This is less being a good guy and more doing what he was legally obligated to do as a retailer in the US.

Jfever sent the the *complete* kit back. When it arrived, Bussie claimed it had parts missing, apparently putting the refund into question.

Jfever was charged for a resin cockpit that was not sent; received a kit that was damaged due to poor packaging; was told that parts mysteriously vanished while the kit was in the mail back to Bussie; and finally, is NOW missing those parts from one of his OWN kits, sent to appease Mr. Bussie and to prevent him from weaseling out of a refund.

How does that NOT warrant a bad trader alert?

Mickey Tickey,

You are the first here to talk complete sense and reason. We agree on that... I regret my "conspiracy theory", but someone mentioned Mulder&Scully and so it got out of controll. I did hurt someone, but before that I was hurt myself with the general attitude. Sorry 'bout that.

Your statements are OK, as stated by J-fever before.

But kindly tell me what are the rules here - do we thust someone for the number of little black planes by his name?... what evidence do we have to submit in order to make our statement a truthfull one?... does another party has the right to state his version? Please DO understand that I am NOT trying to offend or hurt anyone... I'm just inquiring, just trying to estimate the worthines of such comunication.

Actualy this is most ironic... my ex wife would die laughing... I, who far by most suffered from the traders, am advocating one... one of my modeler friends once said that model kits traders are natural enemies of us, modelers... but I don't agree on that... and here I am, asking do another party has a right to state his version here...those affairs with missing or damaged parts are always tricky ones, for both parties, I know it for sure... or do we automaticaly distrust traders? As I stated before: even if he did I just can't believe Mr.Bussie did it on purpose

For me it would be great if Mr. Bussie would state his version here...

I know that it would stir another whirlwind of emotions, and that my Shakespeare friend and me would start making quotes from Rashomon, but in my experience real truth is always hard to find...

I eentenational eenvestment feerm guy. You no beieve Alan Bussie good beesnesman I send you for talking with Bulgarian enforcer comrades! They convince you otherwise!

Alan Bussie nothing but good beesnessing do!!! Models very good! Can use box to also ship horse tranquilizers to club where German tourist come every night to disco!

'EY DISCO!!!

"you are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen"

Hetzer,

If you're new here some things are not explicitly spelled out, I understand you may be confused.

There is an element of trust implied by the plane/post count next to our usernames, if someone has been on here a while and is an active member then what they post is typically taken as truth.

But what we're seeing in this thread is that 4 people joined specifically to counter what the original poster said, all 4 have member numbers that are very close in sequence and all of their posts have been in this forum and on this topic. And as another member noted, new members typically don't stat out in this forum, so it really looks suspicious that all 4 newbies have posted in this one thread.

If Mr. Bussie wishes to refute what was posted about him then he's free to do so provided he does it unde his own name. I've seen this happen in other threads where someone posts about a problem they've had and the other party will post their side of the story, most of the time its something simple that caused the problem and usually the problem is resolved in short order.

Hope this helps.

Ken