Beware Alan Bussie

I bought a Italeri Jet with an included aftermarket cockpit set from the oldmodelkits.com web page. The kit arrived with no cockpit set and the original ad was quickly taken off his web page.

I emailed him asking about it and after a delay he offered a refund.

When he sent the original kit out it was recklessly put into a "free" USPS box, no padding, nothing. When the kit arrived many of the parts had broken off the trees, rattling around the box, the canopy badly scratched etc. The packaging sure did not reflect the high "shipping and handling" charge that more than covered his shipping costs. Loose parts don't really bother me, tha canopy can be cleaned up, no big deal, I was planning on building the kit anyway. However, I am not sure Mr. Bussie thinks that way.

Considering he sells "collectable" kits there seems to be very little concern that a kit HE HAS SOLD arrives safely, or complete. Yet on his web page he is very specific about the condition of a kit he recieves.

I returned the to kit to him, carefully wrapped, padded and all parts secured, with a tracking number. He later claimed the kit was missing a small part (the kit was 100% complete when sent to him) and since I was very concerned I would never get my money back, I sent him a duplicate part from another kit of mine.

After a long delay he finally sent my refund.

Lesson to learn from this:

DON"T BUY KITS FROM ALAN BUSSIE!

The lesson cost me a bit of postage and a plastic part that I will now have to scratch-build.

How does a Newbie become an Oldbie? In case you blokes don't know, you have to register before you can reply to a post. So I am a Newbie.

How many does that make; seven; eight?

I have been dealing with Alan Bussie for years and am completely happy with the association. I live in Australia and appreciate just how delicately the postal people look after mail and parcels. Still, the abuse has been restricted to the outside of the packages and my orders have been fine. I also understand that most of the models are old (Oldmodels.com.....get it?) and will not always be in pristine condition.

I was raised in a country where the policy used to be all about giving a person a fair go.

Maybe you blokes do not know what that means.

Ron Smith

19 Elizabeth Street

WITHCOTT Qld 4352

AUSTRALIA

rsm52238@bigpond.net.au

Alan Bussie once saved a pregnant woman from a burning building, delivered the baby, and cut the umbilical cord with his teeth.

Besides that, he has the ability to mobilize hobbyists worldwide to intuitively know he is being attacked, join a forum and come to his defense. That is a powerful, dangerous man. He is NOT to be trifled with.

You have all been warned. :)

Same IP for all the newbies. Very suspicious.

Hmm. Not that I was inclined to buy from that site (the stuff is way overpriced, IMO), but all of these posts leaping out of nowhere, and apparently from the same place, have pretty much reinforced my skepticism about Bussie's site.

Gee! Do you think Alan might have contacted happy customers and asked if they agreed with the comments and accusations that you blokes are making?

Gee! I bet you would not do that. Just to put your mind to rest and settle any suspicions you still have, this is exactly what happened. You can rest now.

Would you be able to give a fair and unbiased opinion?

Ron Smith (Newbie)

Gee! Do you think Alan might have contacted happy customers and asked if they agreed with the comments and accusations that you blokes are making?

Gee! I bet you would not do that. Just to put your mind to rest and settle any suspicions you still have, this is exactly what happened. You can rest now.

Ron Smith (Newbie)

Do you really think you're helping this guy out??

You and these other 5 or 6 that have jumped in saying how great this guy is have caused him MORE bad press.

Some of our more savvy members have already revealed identical IP numbers from these new posters.

You're credibility is zero.

Ron Smith (Newbie)

Dude....seriously...learn how to use a forum. Isn't that tough.

Just hitting reply and not adding anything doesn't cut the mustard amigo.

Actually...if I were accused of bad trade practices, I would come here and defend myself instead of acting like a turd and hiding behind my "customers".

I am very puzzled as to why we haven't seen a post from Alan himself...if he is so concerned with these comments and accusations that he, as you tell it, has to resort to contacting his happy customers to come and say they have had good experiences buying from him.

I am going to have to call BS on you, cause I think you are full of crap. If Alan Bussie was half of the good guy you say he is, he would have the balls to come here himself and stand up for himself and answer to these critisisms.

Just hitting reply and not adding anything doesn't cut the mustard amigo.
Nope, doesn't cut the mustard, but it DOES increase his post count...... :o

See, he's got 6 now!

Edited by JasonW
Actually...if I were accused of bad trade practices, I would come here and defend myself instead of acting like a turd and hiding behind my "customers".

he would have the balls to come here himself and stand up for himself and answer to these critisisms

Looks like he has come here to defend himself Paul

He just does not have the balls to come out and say it's him. :coolio: :D

Aaron

How can I have the same IP as the guy in Australia. Don't kmow that much abuot computers. Enlight me, please. Unles he's visiting Belgrade... or I'm in Perth but don't know it... or I'm Bussies clone triggered to act in cases like this:))) I think I'm gonna register again as "Bussie clone" Btw.- No one phoned me?!

Alan Bussie once saved a pregnant woman from a burning building, delivered the baby, and cut the umbilical cord with his teeth.

Besides that, he has the ability to mobilize hobbyists worldwide to intuitively know he is being attacked, join a forum and come to his defense. That is a powerful, dangerous man. He is NOT to be trifled with.

You have all been warned. :D

You have just discovered Bussie's plot to conquer the world.

But now it's too late... everybody had been infected by now.

HAIL BUSSIE !!! :coolio:))

Finaly I'm getting the feel of the things here... except for the good humor, unfortunately I found out this is the place where sincerity often meets irony... but what the heck... it's fun (I like you bunch)

TickeyMickey was righ - not just the right forum to start. But what can we do... we all had some bad beginnings.

HAIL BUSSIE !!!