My "Big Buy" - the Matchbox 1/32 DH82A Tiger Moth for $20 !!! Box is trash, but everything else is there ... also got a couple Matchbox Spitfires ... all of these original release, not repop ...

A 1/72 Contrail Blackburn Blackburn for $2 - already have one but at $2, it was coming home ...

A figure bust of Cpt Nathan Brittles ...

A 1/35 resin Pearce Arrow WW1 2-ton truck ...

Avia B534 book, 2 Gannet books, Humber book.

A half-dozen RAF 'tween wars decal sheets from 2-Bobs.

Some Xtracrylic RAF colors (2-Bobs again) & a few Mr Kit bottles also.

A few tools ...

Some 1/72 & 1/48 Bristol engines from Buffies Best ...

Not really much there for me, and I came up dry of many of my top-of-list items ... spent a lot of time leafing thru books/magazines for unique reference material with no results ... no biggie, it's my narrow interest range

John

All I came home with was two Eduard Bf-110Es and the new issue of Model Aircraft Monthly. My son picked up the AMT Star Wars Snowspeeder and Jedi Starfighter kits, and a Tamiya M4A3 Sherman. What I was really looking for was a Hasagawa 1/48 Kate with Torpedo, but no joy.

My goodies:

1/32 Craftworks (Yeah, they are back) P-40C & Claude. They had the Texan on display. Very nice!

1/32 Fisher F5F-5 Panther

Aoshima 1/350 IJN Takao

Fine Molds 1/72 Millenium Falcon

Vector 1/32 R-2800 late and early engines

Isradecal 1/32 Netz decal and conversion, 1/32 Ahit decal, 1/48 Kfir decal, conversion & book

Yamato DVD. (stunning!) Jap movie that never came to America.

Avionix 1/32 F-100 pit

Trumpeter 1/32 F-100 & P-47 Razor

Kinetic 1/48 F-84F

Two Bobs new Harrier decal

MPM 1/32 P-39

Pacific Coast Models 1/32 Machi 202

Academy 1/32 F-16 (very good deal!)

Had to disassemble the kit's boxes so that they could fit in 2 suitcases! :woot.gif:

For myself it was primarily decals. Here is my list:

From TwoBobs -

• TB48-142 F/A-18C VFA-192
  • TB72-061 F-117A Silver anniversary
  • TB72-062 F-15E Too Cool For School
  • TB72-063 F-15C Too Cool For School
  • TB72-064 F-16C Too Cool For School
  • TB72-065 A-10A Too Cool For School
  • TB72-066 F/A-18E Rockin' Rhinos 4
  • Zots F/A-18C Schweizer Tiger (1:72)
  • TwoBobs T-shirt :D

IsraDecals -

• 1:72nd F-16A/B Netz
  • 1:72nd F-16C/D Barak
  • 1:72nd F-16I Sufa

Hawkeye Models Australia -

• 1:72 RAAF F/A-18 75th Sqn 60th Anniversary
  • 1:72 RAAF F/A-18 3 Sqn CO A/C
  • 1:72 USCG HH-3F conversion set and decals
  • 1:144 USCG EC-130V conversion set and decals (now I just need the kit)

GreatModels -

• 1:72 Hase F/A-18C VFA-192 'Golden Dragons', 2007
  • 1:72 Eduard 'Big Ed' set for the Italeri A-10A

Not a whole lot, as I was travelling light:

1/48 Eduard Brisfit

1/48 Eduard photoetch Marauder cockpit

1/48 MPM JB-2 Loon

1/48 "US Army Infantry at Rest" (plus a "Light Utility Vehicle" *cough*Jeep!*cough*)

1/48 Ultracast Tempest tailplanes for the Hasegawa Typhoon

1/72 Fine Molds Y-Wing

I was sorely tempted by the 1/32 Special Hobby X-15 ($52 at Greatmodels), but simply didn't have the room to bring it home :D

Paul Fishers 1/32 Resin Sea Fury. Nice Kit!

MPM 1/48 He-177 Grief with missles.

Some Studio 27 photo etch for a Tamiya CLK and Lion Roar PE a Tamiya King Tiger

And thats it.

Oh yeah and an $850+ BMW radiator I blew going back up the Grapevine, $275 for 1 + day hotel room near the dealer where they towed my car to. $250 to fly my wife and son home from Burbank to sign up on the very last day of school registration, $150 for the broken windshield on another of our cars that my wife drove down Monday night to rescue me and my stupid models. :whistle: And I still have to fly down to pick up my car....

A very costly weekend indeed!!!! :D

Pardon me if I pass on the next few Nationals.....

Edited by GForceSS

And thats it.

Oh yeah and an $850+ BMW radiator I blew going back up the Grapevine, $275 for 1 + day hotel room near the dealer where they towed my car to. $250 to fly my wife and son home from Burbank to sign up on the very last day of school registration, $150 for the broken windshield on another of our other cars that my wife drove down Monday night to rescue me and my stupid models. :whistle: And I still have to fly down to pick up my car....

A very costly weekend indeed!!!! :P

WOW that sucks! :D I'm sorry to hear that Milt, when did all this happen?

That would put a damper on going to another show anytime soon, well I hope that's the end of the bad luck and things get better.

Bob

And thats it.

Oh yeah and an $850+ BMW radiator I blew going back up the Grapevine, $275 for 1 + day hotel room near the dealer where they towed my car to. $250 to fly my wife and son home from Burbank to sign up on the very last day of school registration, $150 for the broken windshield on another of our cars that my wife drove down Monday night to rescue me and my stupid models. ;) And I still have to fly down to pick up my car....

A very costly weekend indeed!!!! :o

Ouch, I can see that you would not appreciate any "priceless" jokes right now ...

John

Ok guys. To settle the curiosity, Great Models posted their pictures from the Nat's. Including pic's of their "staff". For those who don't get their newsletter, go to their web site and click "IPMS Newsletter". And if you want to put ugly to a name, that's your's truly, bottom row center.

Paul

Ok, this is embarrassing.

I stopped at Rareplanes the Sunday before the show and picked up an Airfix B-26 Marauder, F-80 and Defender, and Lindbergh He-100 all in 72nd. My 14 yr old grabbed a Minicraft F-117 (and he hasn't touched a model in over a year). Jeff has a great selection and if you get the chance, stop in and see him.

At the convention I made it into the Vendors room once, thats right, just once on opening day. Made a quick walk through, talked to a few vendors and walked out with nothing. Then, between tours, Disney/Magic Mountain with the kids, etc, the room was always closed when I made it by.

So, I didn't get one of the Y-wings that was on the top of my list. I also came across the old HAWK model of Pedro the Grasshopper. Yeah, I know, so what. I have been looking for a Grasshopper for a Humor idea and had heard about this kit but never thought I would see it. Marked at $50 was too high for what I want to do with it but figured I would check with him again late Saturday.

So, other than a free mag someone gave me on the elevator and the Monitor Merrimac kit I won in the Raffle, I got nada.

Makes you want to cry...