It's my understanding that there was a problem with the awards presentation, and only the 'Best Of' awards were announced, sans photos. I'm assuming that there will either be a list posted up at the 07 Nats website in the coming weeks, as well as coverage in the next issue of the Journal.

The Best-In-Show was "The Evolution of the Sherman", a collection of approximately forty or fifty different 1/35 Shermans, all by the same guy and all very nicely done. An excellent choice by the judges, IMHO.

Best aircraft was a scratch built Curtiss flying boat, and the best figure was a scratch sculpted rendition of the carhop girl from the "American Graffiti" album cover. This was one of my personal favourites from the show.

Myself, I managed to take home a 2nd, a 3rd and an OOB, so I'm more than pleased!

Cheers,

Tony

Myself, I managed to take home a 2nd, a 3rd and an OOB, so I'm more than pleased!

Tony, Awesome job on your P-80. That thing was so shinny that I had to put my shades on! Great to finally meet you as well and congrats on your wins. :banana:

In the category I was in, "Medium Jet", 1st went to the Hase Hornet with the "Fist of the Fleet" markings, my Fighting Omars Hornet took 2nd and the B-58 took 3rd. OOB went to the F-15 with the Brown Aggressor scheme. With all the mayhem when they opened the doors on Sat night, I didn't get to meet any of the modellers with exception to Scott McTavish with his Aggressive F-15. B)

In 1/48 small jet, 3 way split IIRC? Competetion was tight in that category. Just glad I didn't judge? :P Quality was high to say the least. I know the desert/bulls A-7E took 1st in one of the splits and an F-8E took 3rd. People were so busy packing that I didn't get to see ever model that placed. One thing that caught most people's attention was the accident with the 1/48 Prowler. Lets just say it's in a million pieces now. It's was a shame and the modeler happen to be one of my earlist inspirations. :crying2:

:cheers:

Cyrus, Loved your F-18! Beautiful job as usual!

The Evolution of the Sherman was by Jim Wechsler. He's a local guy from Orange County and he does beautiful work.

Personally i took home:

First: with my 1/48 Do.335 (Split into axis and allied medium prop)

Out-of-Box with my 1/48 Jack Raiden (Split into 1/48 axis non german small prop... i think)

Out-of-Box with my 1/32 Gabreski P-47 (Split into 1/32 prop European and Pacific theaters)

Out-of-Box with my 1/12 Rover Mini Cooper (Large Scale Autos: there were only 5 entries including Mark Jones Chaterham 7)

and 4 premier awards 1/35 SA.321 Super Frelon, 1/32 A-10 Thunderbolt II, FXF5-1 Skyrocket, 1/6 Honda MONKEY.

So was the rumor true that there were no 1/48th Tomcats???? And congrats to all the winners..

None that I saw... there was ONE 1/72 Tomcat - poor turnout for the puddytat. The goverment must be snapping them all up so the Iranians can't get 'em. :D

One thing that caught most people's attention was the accident with the 1/48 Prowler. Lets just say it's in a million pieces now. It's was a shame and the modeler happen to be one of my earlist inspirations. :D

Really? What happened?

Really? What happened?

The modeler had a cart loaded with a large acrylic display box and a Tomcat and the Prowler, and I think it was accidentally bumped and the whole cart tipped over destroying the Prowler. I was in the next aisle and I heard the crash, total bummer.

Mark

The modeler had a cart loaded with a large acrylic display box and a Tomcat and the Prowler, and I think it was accidentally bumped and the whole cart tipped over destroying the Prowler. I was in the next aisle and I heard the crash, total bummer.
Mark... I heard that someone accidently bumped into his cart! He said that he can fix it though and took it very well? His 1/72 F-14 was damaged too, but the Prowler took most of the damage. I think my buddy Adam took a pic, if not maybe Anthony Wan?

:doh:

Mark... I heard that someone accidently bumped into his cart! He said that he can fix it though and took it very well? His 1/72 F-14 was damaged too, but the Prowler took most of the damage. I think my buddy Adam took a pic, if not maybe Anthony Wan?

:doh:

Yeah, I hope he can repair it. That Prowler was freakin nice !

I took third with my 1/72 U-69 Unterseeboot. :)

What time did the doors open? My wife and I got back at about 10:30 and it was a ghost town. I was told repeatedly to come back at 100 pm- glad we came a bit early.... :woot.gif:

I took third with my 1/72 U-69 Unterseeboot. :pray:

What time did the doors open? My wife and I got back at about 10:30 and it was a ghost town. I was told repeatedly to come back at 100 pm- glad we came a bit early.... :D

They royally screwed the pooch and called the banquet off early when their video presentation of the winners wouldn't work. The room was opened sometime around 8pm.

[snip]Great to finally meet you[/snip]

Likewise! 1/48 Medium Jets was a really intense category, so props on your placing. I pointed out to a few folks that your Hornet was in fact the old Monogram kit and you should have seen the classic double-takes that resulted! I'm sure I caused a few cases of whiplash...

Cheers,

Tony

Congrats to those of you who won something! Especially your son Iain!!! :cheers:

Myself, I took two second place awards!

My Macchi C.200 took second for 1/144 aircraft.

I don't know what took first or third, but a 1/100 Bf-109 took OOB...

My Macchi M.C.202 took second in 1/72 axis single prop.

A nice desert scheme Stuka took first and I don't know what took third and OOB...

I'd love to know what won in each category...As mentioned by others, it was chaos.

Regardless,,, I had a blast!

Zactowoman( :wub: ) was there with me on Friday and got to see what this is all about and meet a few of you. She had fun!

I saw old friends I hadn't seen in 15 or 20 years.

I met many new friends from ARC, a bunch of Zactomodels customers and a bunch of future customers.

I not only met Paul and Susy Fisher of Fisher Models but they let me set samples of my parts on their vendor table with a stack of my business cards! (And I bought one of their 1/32 Sea Fury kits! :thumbsup: ).

I (fortunately?) 'missed' the awards banquet and had a few cold ones with Cyrus, Markiii, Adam Djou, George Siriyotin and a few others who ventured by...What a great time! :)

My heart goes out to George, but if anybody can fix those models, it's him!

I hope to meet more of you next year!

Chris :D

:D

I just might have one...dont remember. But i dont really wanna go looking for it in the 1012 pics that are on the card :blink:

I do however have many pics of the pre-accident model...which are being uploaded to Photobucket tomorrow with the rest of the NATs pics.

BTW Zactoman, was great to meet you too :cheers: and Chukw which U-boat was yours? IIRC there were three 1/72 Uboats...:cheers:

Edited by AnthonyWan
Congrats to those of you who won something! Especially your son Iain!!! :D

Myself, I took two second place awards!

My Macchi C.200 took second for 1/144 aircraft.

I don't know what took first or third, but a 1/100 Bf-109 took OOB...

My Macchi M.C.202 took second in 1/72 axis single prop.

A nice desert scheme Stuka took first and I don't know what took third and OOB...

I'd love to know what won in each category...As mentioned by others, it was chaos.

Regardless,,, I had a blast!

Zactowoman( :wub: ) was there with me on Friday and got to see what this is all about and meet a few of you. She had fun!

I saw old friends I hadn't seen in 15 or 20 years.

I met many new friends from ARC, a bunch of Zactomodels customers and a bunch of future customers.

I not only met Paul and Susy Fisher of Fisher Models but they let me set samples of my parts on their vendor table with a stack of my business cards! (And I bought one of their 1/32 Sea Fury kits! :cheers: ).

I (fortunately?) 'missed' the awards banquet and had a few cold ones with Cyrus, Markiii, Adam Djou, George Siriyotin and a few others who ventured by...What a great time! :blink:

My heart goes out to George, but if anybody can fix those models, it's him!

I hope to meet more of you next year!

They will mail you a list of winners they said. The website will have them as will the IPMS site...eventually.

Chris :cheers:

AnthonyWan- it was this one:

Bow_02.jpg

I was farthest from the corner, and the others had mounted their boats on brass spindles. It was a real surprise to find a plaque sitting next to her! :thumbsup:

Pshh brass spindles are for gimps :unsure: Did real u-boats ever sit on brass knobs? :woot.gif:

I think I remember which one was yours then.

Love the base you made for yours. :doh:

Edited by AnthonyWan