Sorry to inform you Red, but it was not video taped or recorded in any format that I'm aware of. I was standing up in front with the rest of the twenty odd people who gathered around to get a close look. Would have been nice if there was a video system on the presenter which could have then been displayed on a monitor or projector, for all to see and enjoy. This of course is of no fault to Cyrus. He did a great job of demonstrating his techniques and sharing his experience with all those present.

Henry

Hi guys,

Did anyone attend Cyrus Tans scribing seminar?If so,how was it and do you know if it will be available to watch on dvd or some other format.i would love to see how he manages to do such a great job.

Thanks,

Rick

Funny you should mention this as I talked to Cyrus and told him I missed his seminar. Totally forgot to ask him if he had something on Powerpoint or the like. That F/A-18 he had on the contest table was really nice! It almost looked like a Hasegawa kit!

The only advice he gave me was make time for model building as I was once again attending a contest without a finished kit. Work just gets in the way sometimes :banana:

Sorry to inform you Red, but it was not video taped or recorded in any format that I'm aware of. I was standing up in front with the rest of the twenty odd people who gathered around to get a close look. Would have been nice if there was a video system on the presenter which could have then been displayed on a monitor or projector, for all to see and enjoy. This of course is of no fault to Cyrus. He did a great job of demonstrating his techniques and sharing his experience with all those present.

Henry

Man that sucks. You mean there were no audio/visual guys to help set up stuff for seminars/presentations? :banana:

If so,how was it and do you know if it will be available to watch on dvd or some other format.i would love to see how he manages to do such a great job
Hi Rick, Unfortunately, no. I requested something that can blow up my work on a screen, but was told that the room was small enough for everyone to gather around the table. I brought my Monogram A-4 in 1/48 and passed it around during the seminar for people to take a close look. I also got positive feedback from a few modellers that actually got something useful out of it despite my limited time of 30 min. :D
We had Cyrus come to our club meeting (IPMSOC) to give us a demo on scribing. It took me 5 years to talk him into it but he finally did it.
Brian...has it really been that long? Seems just like a few months ago. :D I'll see ya around.
F/A-18 he had on the contest table was really nice! It almost looked like a Hasegawa kit!

The only advice he gave me was make time for model building as I was once again attending a contest without a finished kit.

Thanks for the comps Ryan! I just regret that we didn't get a chance to really talk. Btw... are you ever going to finish that Harrier? :doh: It would be nice to see it finally done.

:cheers:

Cyrus- Could You make some sort of a/v instruction tool. Panel scribing is a chore to me due to lack of skills. Pictures in books don't really do it for me. I hear enough props to you concerning this subject I bet there would be enough people intrested in aquiring something like this from you :D . I'm no "techy" , but , video camera+computer+ blank DVD disc's+ afew greenbacks from ACR'ers=??????????????????? :D

Thanks for the comps Ryan! I just regret that we didn't get a chance to really talk. Btw... are you ever going to finish that Harrier? <_< It would be nice to see it finally done.

:D

Heh heh. I'm working on it right now! Not too happy with the early rescribing I did as practice but the next Monogram Harrier will be much better, intakes included!