CC-177 flies first mission to Afghanistan

The CF has been waiting for such a capability for a long time, and I am not suprised that we are using it right away, and already for a variety of missions.

As well, and this is not to be political or anything, but it gives the government the flebibility as well to say yes, we can get involved in this, whether it is flying aid to a hurricane damaged area or resupplying troops in Afghanistan, or deploying DART somewhere.

I know folks would love to see these new aircraft at air shows and such, but I actually hope they are not at too many air shows, just for the fact they are doing more good out there doing what they were meant to do.

I'm sure they will try to make one available for the handful of larger air shows in Canada. But there is no argument against having our own proper strategic lift. It allows us to have a more flexible policy for military an other foreign items. Honestly I wish we bought at least 6 not just 4, but beggars can't be choosers.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank Canada for standing with the U.S. in Afghanistan. You were with us from the first, we're with you to the last.

Yes the Canadians are definatly not getting the credit they deserve for their work out there.

I know a few brit guys back from "The Stan" who speak very highly of them :coolio:

Julien

LOL how many times is the date going to change for this one? I heard October 18th and this weekend I heard some time in November.

To true, look what happened in the last couple of weeks leading up to the delivery of 701! The October 11th date is from a member of 429(T), so I'm assuming it was valid at the time. Who knows this week....

Cheers,

Sean