Hasegawa 1/48th "A" Tomcat

Help! I'm not real sure about what I've gotten myself into...I hope I haven't jumped in over my head. I started building the Hasegawa Pacific Fleet Squadrons 1/48th "A" Tomcat a few weeks ago. I was going to start with the cockpit, but decided - if I'm going to build this thing, damn it, it's going to look perfect!

I ordered the color PE cockpit detail set from Eduard, and downloaded the instructions from the Eduard website. I have never, ever used photo-etch in my life. I was reading the Tools 'n' Tips section here in ARC regarding working with PE parts, but I'm still a little confused. I think the thing I'm most concerned about is gluing...is there a special type of glue, or is the cyanoacrylate that it talks about in tools 'n' tips the same as just regular model glue, or is it a special glue you use for the PE

The great people here at ARC have made me feel comfortable asking silly questions like this, and any help that anybody could give me would be wonderful.

Thanks a bunch

Cyanoacrylate=Superglue=Krazy Glue. The cheap stuff you get at the drug store works just as well as the expensive hobby shop stuff. You should probably still scrape off the paint from whatever surface you're glueing to, as it will help the CA bond.