JAS 39 C GRIPEN

Hi Stéphane, :coolio:

Thanks for those in-progress pics and I look forward to seeing your article.

Just noticed you glued some plastic sheet to the front fuselage part between radome and wind shield and sanded to shape.

Can you shed me some light on what happened to the origional kit part?

Thanks again for sharing.

Stephen Lin

Some info here

http://kits.kitreview.com/jas39agripenreviewrw_1.htm

Stephen

Hello to all,

I present you my last model ended in April.

The model Italeri is a good working base but includes many defects. With the sets CMK of the MPM box and scratch, we can transform a Gripen A to C. The engine is a Aire set in resin. APU, refueling system are scratching and many details... Decals : Two Bobs

By hoping that my suèdoise girl will please you.

grip01vq4.jpg

grip02uz1.jpg

grip03ky3.jpg

grip04ku0.jpg

grip06ld8.jpg

The KEPD 350 Taurus come from Revell kit Eurofigther.

griparmfz8.jpg

grip07ia6.jpg

griptrain01gk9.jpg

griptrain02yt7.jpg

The cockpit of CMK set is a very good :doh:

sigeuj1.jpg

I hope not to have put too many photos.

Cordially.

Stéphane

Just had to look through the pic's in this post again - simply beautiful modelling!

So impressed was I by this build........I bought the 1/48 Italeri Gripen this morning in Jamieson's in Glasgow!!

Eng

:wub:

Hello and thank you with all for the interest which you carry to my "little gripen".

The pics which gave me desire for building this plane. The 39.208 was first Gripen C delivered to the Sweden air force. It was used as platform of test for missiles KEPD 350.

tauruskepdng0.jpg

To answer many questions, I give you of other photographs of the modifications and details.

The Taurus missiles are isus Revell box. They were engraved with the front one. They are painted with gloss red Humbrol. The reference marks were painted with Tamiya band. The white in first then black.

taurus01mi4.jpg

taurus02ru9.jpg

taurus03us6.jpg

"Removes before flight" are made in lead sheet. they are painted of the two faces, yellow and black

removema8.jpg

I made a modification in front of the cockpit with plastic card because the setback is not correct

modiffr5.jpg

correc04vf1.jpg

correc05hq1.jpg

correc06wb0.jpg

The entirety of the model was sandpapered to reduce engraving. Many lines were distort and have being regraver. All the rivets also should be made.

correcnj4.jpg

Stéphane

Some problems of joints :

correc02dn1.jpg

correc03bx9.jpg

The CMK engine is not correct too. I preferred to take the set of Aires (Engine of Gripen of FA-18 but producted by Volvo)

tuy01di8.jpg

tuy02qv5.jpg

tuy03wt6.jpg

A walkaround book has just been published by CMK on Gripen C. I will have liked to have it before… The photographs are fantastic!

Here or other shop : http://www.aviationmegastore.com/?shopid=L...0&art=70789

I have make plans with the dimensions for all the modifications (APU, refueling canes, plane ducks and canopy) on Corel Draw for those which would like it. (or in pdf)

Thank you to have read me

Stéphane

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for yours comments :worship:

May I ask what colours you used for the upper and lower fuselage?

For the upper, I used Humbrol 128 and the lower, Humbrol 127 breaking with white (20%). :worship:

Did this build appear in the July/August 2007 German issue of WingMasters?

Yes it is.

Stéph'