Cape Cod Airshow Pics

Dude, Those Rock! But where are the shots of the F-5? My Buddy Malibu was up there and I was going to try to get you two together. Oh well. So a D80 huh? When was that upgrade? I've tried to call a couple of times but always seem to miss you. Let me know when we can catch up and keep up the great work.

All the best

Steve, those are some fantastic pics... much better than the ones I got. I'm man enough to admit that I have a small zoom lens. Anyhow, I was a touch disappointed with the static displays at this show. I went down there looking for some research for the next few specific models I'm building, and didn't get what I needed. According to their website, they were supposed to have:

T-1 Columbus

2 x F-5 Key West

E-3 Tinker (nope)

Predator (C17) (very cool, and a lot bigger than I thought.)

C-21 Bradley

C-26 Raleigh NC

CF-18 (Canada)

B-52 Barksdale (haven't seen one of these in a while... BIG sucker.)

T-38 Holloman

B-1 Ellsworth (nope. this is the one I was really hoping for.)

V-22 Camp Lejeune (nope. Another one I was REALLY hoping to see)

F-22 Tyndall (nope... YET another one I was REALLY hoping to see.)

AV-8B Cherry Point (nope)

F-18 Beaufort

C-5 Westover (interesting to compare this with the C-17)

C-17 March (cool demo of this one, watching it taxi backwards was something.)

Apache (nope)

KC-135 Bangor

MC-130 Hurlburt

USCG C-130 Elizabeth City

H-65

EA-6B Whidbey Island (nope)

F-117 Holloman

F-16 Andrews

A-10 Barnes

T-37 Columbus (nope. The other planes wouldn't compete with the Tweet, anyway)

T-38 Columbus

T-6 Columbus

Although, I did have a great time at the show. Since I got there nice and early, I was surprised that I didn't sit in traffic for a week. The traffic was fine until I crossed the gate onto the base... That's the only time I waited at all!

thanks a lot Kevin.

regarding the statics, that list was what was passed onto me (I did the website in case you didn't know). I think it was a "wish-list" of sorts. I heard that the Osprey (I think it was that one) was never on some official list. I know the F-22 canceled, and only 2 Hornets from Beaufort were supposed to be there, and 3 showed. Also, the F-5 from VFC-111 left late Saturday or early Sunday. I never got a shot of it myself.

There also was the USN MH-60S, which I never got a shot of either, that showed.

Personally, I think the statics that showed were good - much better than many shows I have been to lately

Edited by Ken Middleton

Don't get me wrong, the ones that were there were terriffic! They had some good weapons on them, too, including an AIM-9x on an Eagle, which is always nice to see.

I was just a little bummed that there was no Bone, Raptor or Osprey.

Steve, those are some fantastic pics... much better than the ones I got. I'm man enough to admit that I have a small zoom lens. Anyhow, I was a touch disappointed with the static displays at this show. I went down there looking for some research for the next few specific models I'm building, and didn't get what I needed. According to their website, they were supposed to have:

T-1 Columbus

2 x F-5 Key West

E-3 Tinker (nope)

Predator (C17) (very cool, and a lot bigger than I thought.)

C-21 Bradley

C-26 Raleigh NC

CF-18 (Canada)

B-52 Barksdale (haven't seen one of these in a while... BIG sucker.)

T-38 Holloman

B-1 Ellsworth (nope. this is the one I was really hoping for.)

V-22 Camp Lejeune (nope. Another one I was REALLY hoping to see)

F-22 Tyndall (nope... YET another one I was REALLY hoping to see.)

AV-8B Cherry Point (nope)

F-18 Beaufort

C-5 Westover (interesting to compare this with the C-17)

C-17 March (cool demo of this one, watching it taxi backwards was something.)

Apache (nope)

KC-135 Bangor

MC-130 Hurlburt

USCG C-130 Elizabeth City

H-65

EA-6B Whidbey Island (nope)

F-117 Holloman

F-16 Andrews

A-10 Barnes

T-37 Columbus (nope. The other planes wouldn't compete with the Tweet, anyway)

T-38 Columbus

T-6 Columbus

Although, I did have a great time at the show. Since I got there nice and early, I was surprised that I didn't sit in traffic for a week. The traffic was fine until I crossed the gate onto the base... That's the only time I waited at all!

Well that was better than what they had at Maxwell last year. They had more trainer and CAP aircraft than combat aircraft, it was really pathetic. The flight demos consisted of the usual overglorified civilian cropduster aerobatic crap, an F-15 demo, B-1 flyby (all 15 seconds of it), Golden Knights, T-birds, A-10 Demo, T-6 JPATS Demo. Over 2 hours of the show was wasted because of some crusty old F-86 doing mock dog fights with a Mig-15 couldn't get all the gear down.

The only perk was the static display of an F-22 and F-117, but you had to search for them because they were tucked away on the opposite end of where the other static displays were.

I had less of a wait, because the morning of the show it was raining and not many people were there until it cleared up.

Don't get me wrong, the ones that were there were terriffic! They had some good weapons on them, too, including an AIM-9x on an Eagle, which is always nice to see.

I was just a little bummed that there was no Bone, Raptor or Osprey.

Kevin, I was disappointed at no F-22 or BONE myself

Sweet shots Ken, thanks for posting. Looks like you had fun.

thanks a lot Dave...very fun and tiring :banana:

Very nice shots Ken! Great eye!!!

Craig

thanks a lot Craig