Rome Georgia Air Show

Hey Guys,

Just wondered if anybody was going to the Salute To Naval Aviation Airshow, the 15th and 16th? Got some USMC aircraft from Cherry Point MCAS. Got the V-22, AV-8B, CH-53E, EA-6B and many civilian aircraft. Hope some of you guys from North Georgia, Alabama and Tenn. will check it out. Let me know, and we'll get together. Not sure, only airshow in Georgia this year?

Chuck

Hello Chuck,

I'll be making the trip down from Nashville and will be there on Friday - Sunday for the magazine. Looks to be an interesting show. Especially the "Battle of Midway" re-enactment, something you don't see every day.

Perhaps we can get together - I know of one other ARCer who might make the trip up from Atlanta.

Craig

Hey Guys,

Not sure, only airshow in Georgia this year?

Chuck

Chuck, there will be 3 more shows this year in Georgia -

Sep 14-16, 2007North Georgia Air & Car Show - Rome, GA

Oct 13-14, 2007Great Georgia Airshow - Falcon Field, Peachtree City, GA

Oct 20-21, 2007Moody AFB Airfest - Valdosta, GA

Oct 20-21, 2007Team Moody Air Fest 2007 - Moody AFB, GA

You can check airshow's schedule on this site.

Leo.

Edited by Atlant

Hey Guys,

I know I started this thread. Went to the doctor last Thursday and got "shut down" for the weekend to have arthroscopic surgery on my knee. Didn't get to go. Hope somebody went and can fill us in. Sorry guys.

Chuck

I went on Sunday and was disappointed. There was no MH-53E, no Harrier, and no Osprey. Nor was there a Prowler flyby. There was an SH-60B that departed shortly after the airshow began (he left in-between acts and performed a couple of passes before going home). The UH-1D left as the show began. The only military static display was a T-6 Texan II from Vance.

There was a good number of Navy Warbirds (Corsair, Devastator, Wildcat, a couple of Avengers, Skyraider, Trojan) that flew opened the show with multiple passes. A Mustang and Mitchell did the same an hour or so into the show. My brother-in-law came with me and he got some good shots with his camera (hope to get copies this weeking and will post them later.)

And there were no cars there either. They advertised this as an Air and Car Show and there were no cars on display. Some Harleys and a few Choppers, but that was it.

Even the crowd was sparse. Getting in and out of the show was no problem, no lines. That was nice, but come next year, I won't be going back.

Chuck - hope the knee's doing okay.