What if Schemes

-A stretch P-3 with C-130J engines (original idea was to do it up as a WWII bomber with B-29 turrets and invasion stripes...)

Sounds like the Orion 2000 proposal put forth by LockMart after the P-7 got sixed

Josh - I've kicked around a CTOL Yak-38 idea around, what wing shape did you try?

Ves :thumbsup:

GreyGhost;

Not to OT this conversation too much, but I'm given to understand that one of the reasons the B-52 re-engining project has not taken place is that the wingtips on the B-52 are drooped so much that big turbofan engines like PW2000s hung on the outer pylons wouldn't have enough ground clearance. So it may never end up happening.

GreyGhost;

Not to OT this conversation too much, but I'm given to understand that one of the reasons the B-52 re-engining project has not taken place is that the wingtips on the B-52 are drooped so much that big turbofan engines like PW2000s hung on the outer pylons wouldn't have enough ground clearance. So it may never end up happening.

Yeah, none of the artwork showed the Re-engined BUFFs on the ground ...

In the artwork, I remember the pylons not having as much drop as the current ones ...

Gregg

I really need to ask where you guys are getting these side views for all your photoshopping, I'm jealous! And some of the alternational ideas are pretty nice, especially the South Vietnam F-16s. If only.

That said...what about an F-2 in Imperial colors, if WWII had never been fought and Japan hadn't changed?

I think it was mentioned, I forget, but if not a USMC A-10 would be extremely sweet.

I was thinking of using either F-16 wings, or perhaps (in keeping with the country) the wings from an Su-7 or Su-25 But as I said, the project went horribly wrong and I scrapped it.

JB

Quite Interesting, I had thought about using the wings from a Jaguar.

Ves :D

Great thread all!

While I haven't done a What-if build in a very long while (since my F-23N), your replies have stirred some ideas.

How about:

Libyan desert schemed Rafale-C

Tiger Meet B-1B (all over stripes)

Kenyan AF F-16A (started this once)

Iraqi AF F-16A

Keep the replies coming. Great stuff!

Jeff

P.S. Trigger, those F-106 schemes are awesome!

Those are grea ideas! and the B-1 would have a LOT of stripes.... :rofl:

Ivan

A soon as I posted it , I remembered: I have a Grippen profile in Swedish camo in a old book: here it is

File0329copy.jpg

© Salamander Books Ltd

Must have been before the Gripen's final shape was chosen, the tail sure looks different in that profile, thanks for postin it ...

Gregg