What if Schemes

Cool MiG-29 Chris ...

I remember back in the 80s, McDonnell Douglas was offerring the F/A-18 to Sweden and circulated a couple of photos with the Swedish roundels airbrushed onto the images of the Hornets ...

Gregg

The ARC What If Group Build is now on!

I just discovered an interesting whif site:

din%203.jpg

More >>>here<<<

I then followed the URL to discover an extensive whif/luft 46 type site.

:tease:

I first saw that drawing in a Playboy magazine many years ago, probably 1977 or earlier. Thanks for posting it and the link to the rest of them.

F-14D Schnee almost finished, just needs weaponry, stand with squadron logo, and the exhausts are almost ready to go on, just finished painting the dagger shapes on my turkey feathers!

I put a new canopy on it since i broke the last one. I bit the bullet and have to sacrifice an unbuilt kit, i have to finish this one.

I want to do something special though... how about, i get some small LED torches from the store, make them fit in the back, and have them shine through the afterburner rings. though would be something if i could pull it off.

tomcats14.jpg

Benny

Edited by benjo
F-14D Schnee almost finished, just needs weaponry, stand with squadron logo, and the exhausts are almost ready to go on, just finished painting the dagger shapes on my turkey feathers!

I put a new canopy on it since i broke the last one. I bit the bullet and have to sacrifice an unbuilt kit, i have to finish this one.

I want to do something special though... how about, i get some small LED torches from the store, make them fit in the back, and have them shine through the afterburner rings. though would be something if i could pull it off.

tomcats14.jpg

Benny

Damn Benjo...that is looking awesome! :thumbsup: Just remember to use hot pink and amber LEDs.

Damn Benjo...that is looking awesome! :thumbsup: Just remember to use hot pink and amber LEDs.

Yeah i was thinking i might put clear discs in there with the afterburner rings stuck on, carefully filing some of it off so some light can shine through. painting that black, but then airbrushing the color with varying tones so the bright white LEDs can shine through.

In the game, the tomcats afterburners were bright white/purple/pink in color right??????

I had to move house which meant i dont have my old flatmates memory card anymore with all my saves!!!!!!!

Yeah i was thinking i might put clear discs in there with the afterburner rings stuck on, carefully filing some of it off so some light can shine through. painting that black, but then airbrushing the color with varying tones so the bright white LEDs can shine through.

In the game, the tomcats afterburners were bright white/purple/pink in color right??????

I had to move house which meant i dont have my old flatmates memory card anymore with all my saves!!!!!!!

Just going to have to play it all over again :yahoo:

Your Tomcats are amazing and the airbrushing first rate .I love the variety :yahoo:

Just going to have to play it all over again :yahoo:

Your Tomcats are amazing and the airbrushing first rate .I love the variety :yahoo:

HAHA yeah! I might even enjoy it. i really liked that game. The new AC 6 is good to look at but they didnt put many planes in it and its very short game...

Hey guys, i did this. this is the kind of effect that i want. I have to have a break, been at this all morning! not completely drilled out yet, and still have one more to do! faaar out.

bybenjo017.jpg

Benny

Looking really great there! :yahoo: Ace 6 is not quite as good as before (mainly: even higher missile count, the Agaion, and the Chandelier's design) but the graphics are fantastic. Let's hope they can make Ace-7 just as in depth as the best Ace game; Ace Combat 5 (in my opinion the best storyline)

Looking really great there! :( Ace 6 is not quite as good as before (mainly: even higher missile count, the Agaion, and the Chandelier's design) but the graphics are fantastic. Let's hope they can make Ace-7 just as in depth as the best Ace game; Ace Combat 5 (in my opinion the best storyline)

Yeah, i liked 5 and Zero, but when you play them after playing 6, the planes feel like they fly wierd. 6 looks good, and the planes actually feel 'heavy' in a way.

I have pics of my other Ace combat F-14, but geeez, gotta reapint those nozzles!

bybenjo020.jpg

bybenjo022.jpg

bybenjo019.jpg

Benny