What if Schemes

Nice job Damian!

Talk about lipstick pn a pig... :P

For those who may have missed this thread: Camouflaged Czech Gripen, is it real or Photoshop?

There is a link on the thread to a green/brown camouflaged Grippen which inspired me to do this:

JASDF_Grippen.jpg

:banana:

That's wicked!!

Some aircraft look great in the Japanese blues.

Nice work Chris!

Tricose

Hi All!

Greg (GTX) on the what-if forums requested some Aussie OV-1s to see which scheme would look good on a possible future Roden purchase. He supplied some nice ref pics as well as gathered all the necissary colours I'd need for this little project :P

So on with the pics!

Group 1 Royal Australian Army OV-1s

I hope you enjoy this min GP (group paint) from me via Greg :P

D

Damn it Damian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and Greg!) ;)

I don't need to see things like this! :D

I don't need distractions like this! :)

Love scheme 2 and 4!

Damn it, never do anything like this again! OK!

Cheers

Richard.

Caribou jungle shceme:

What a scheme!! I have been looking for it, but was not able to find it! Should have guessed it was a What if!

Do you have a website, or some place your marvelous profiles are available? Your name is totally unsearchable in google.

What a scheme!! I have been looking for it, but was not able to find it! Should have guessed it was a What if!

Do you have a website, or some place your marvelous profiles are available? Your name is totally unsearchable in google.

:) Thanks for the compliment!!!

I have a thread over on the What-if forums where I started profiling so you'll be able to see where I started and the steps I took inbetween. Here's the linky

Damian's what-if profile thread

I don't know if you have to sign in to view it or not but signing up is free and it's a fun place to let your imagination go banannas :monkeydance:

D

So a couple of my Canadian what-if digiscribbles:

cf110n1970.png

CF-110N in the original scheme as it entered service in 1970 and 1971 on the new carriers, HMCS Queen Charlotte and HMCS Bonaventure (II); this scheme (I think) lasted until 1981 when the grey-on-grey were introduced in the RCAF and RCNAS, leading to...

cf110n1981.png

...the 1988 low-viz version (prior to 1988, the scheme was the same as this, but with roundel and fin flash in colour, text in black, greys in gloss).

These digiscribbles also settle what I'll be doing with my second F-4B kit - it'll end up as a blue/grey CF-110N.

Love the Canadian 'Tooms! I've done an F-35 in the same colours as your first one. It was done for a story over on what if models and I can't remeber if I posted it here...

F-35CCAF108commeorativeforGary.png

D

Still taking on the inspiration/encouragement :

KFIR in Philippine Air Force What-If.. done much earlier (in memory of a dear/loved partner) on which the concept of the adaption of Lady Jessie/Lady Evelyn had evolved:

copyofprofiledoublekfir.jpg

kfirddjcropped.jpg

Many thanks for viewing...

Farouk

thanks to this thread I will be doing 2 What If builds.

1/32 F-16CJ as "Yippee", Vermilion Orange

1/32 A-10NAWS with the B-25 paint job Dirty Dora, OD top, grey under

Thank you for the excellent creativity and resourcefulness shown in this thread!

Is there anything Zactoman isn't great at?

nice profiles Damian!

The phil. AF stuff is great as well!

Many thanks....

and, AH-1S Cobra "DOSE DE HUNYO" ( Twelfth of June - Philippine Independence Day) Phil AF What-If ;

cobracroppedresized2800.jpg

thanks for viewing

:sunrevolves: holy moly! That's beautiful work! Thanks for that 4W! I have one coming in, and I suspect I will wind up doing that scheme :D

Those A-6's are phenomenal! Each scheme is special, but I think the Royal Australian plane is my favorite of the three!

Great job once again :whistle:

Justin

Why is it that the A-6 Intruder never became an export? You would think that at least Israel would have received some. Although they did not get the A-1H Skyraider or A-7 Corsair II either. Maybe it is because of the VietNam cpnflict during those times?? Anyone have anything to add to this?

Why is it that the A-6 Intruder never became an export? You would think that at least Israel would have received some. Although they did not get the A-1H Skyraider or A-7 Corsair II either. Maybe it is because of the VietNam cpnflict during those times?? Anyone have anything to add to this?

Various US export laws with regards to not destablizing a region, technology releases, and some other stuff like that. For example after Jordon bought some M-48's from the US prior to 1967, Isreal got some as well. Ditto with regards to the export of the F-15 and F-16 to Saudi Arabia and Egpyt in the 1980's. Another example would be the export of the F-4 and F-16 overseas to Japan and Korea as well.

I would have to look it up but from what I remember one of the reasons the A-6 wasn't exported anyplace else was its wasn't sold real well by Grumman on the international market.

Hi All!

I got a request for these two machines on the what if forum.

OV-1AwithtanksUSCustoms.png

I don't really like how the cheat lines came out but after 4 or 5 attempts I've let them be for now...

OV-1Awithtanksuscg.png

I actually like how this Coast Guard bird came out :thumbsup:

Well as always let me know what you think!

D

Since this thread has been going on for at least 150 pages. I wonder if anyone like Twobobs or Fightertown or any of the other decal makers taken a look at a few of these and decided to try and put out a few "What-if" schemes based on these profiles? I know I would love to see a few of the RN A-6 schemes (and a few RAF or RN EA-6B Schemes as well), the various F-4 schemes for the RCNAF, RCAF, SAAF. The F-14 stuff espically the GI JOE Skystriker, and even the MiGs and Sukhois in USN/USMC schemes.

GMTA :thumbsup: This was posted on the What-If SIG site several years ago...

<snip picture>

I joined the What-if site not long ago and saw these - loved 'em!

Since this thread has been going on for at least 150 pages. I wonder if anyone like Twobobs or Fightertown or any of the other decal makers taken a look at a few of these and decided to try and put out a few "What-if" schemes based on these profiles? I know I would love to see a few of the RN A-6 schemes (and a few RAF or RN EA-6B Schemes as well), the various F-4 schemes for the RCNAF, RCAF, SAAF. The F-14 stuff espically the GI JOE Skystriker, and even the MiGs and Sukhois in USN/USMC schemes.

This would be sweet! For the RCN F-4B/CF-110N I have in planning stage I'm assembling decals from various sources - roundels, RCAF-style letter/number sheets for the text, white ensign, data... it'd be nice to have this all together in one place, though I think the only way this will really plausibly happen is by drawing it up yourself and having a custom decalmaker print it up...