What if Schemes

• 4 weeks later...

How about a swing wing F-105? The wings and tailplanes were taken from a Su-17M Fitter and are the same scale as the Thud fuselage. No clue how the main landing gear would work, though. :D

F-105-Fitter-wings-forward.png

F-105-Fitter-wings-back.png

Wonderful works,

I intend to build a VPAF MIG-29SMT in scale 1:72 [in fact, Vietnam is not listed in the MIG-29 operators], but wondering how and where to arrange the numbers for it. Can you professors suggest me some options to complete mine? Thanks.

mig29-9-13.gif

mig29-9-17.gif

Well, VPAF uses 04 digits, and only 04 roundels placed on wings' bottom and tails

vietnam_side.gif

Edited by Minh Vu

I'm working on an EC-135C that I'm updating with all kinds of add ons. I'm thinking that what if Dreamland got a hold of an old, retired EC-135 and modernized the living hell out of it to replace the E-8, and possibly the E-3.

RYAN.

A Canadian F-14 would indeed be an awesome whiff to see... especially since it came oh so close to actually happening RW.

Other interesting Canadian whiffs would be the other competitors evaluated for the new fighter program that resulted in the selection of the Hornet - F-15, F-16, Tornado and Mirage 2000...

***G_Marcat, if anyone could render this in plastic, it would be you. :worship:

In the past I thought at how to extract a what if from the F-105 but not decent ideas have come into my mind.

The your concept is exactly what I was looking for, The basis could be a F-105 1/48 Monogram (even a F-105G two seat could be good).

I need a cheap source for the variable geometry wings, maybe I could to steal them from a TORNADO.

For the livery and decals I would go directly on the selection of subjects inside the old Wrap around Thuds from TwoBobs.

In the past I thought at how to extract a what if from the F-105 but not decent ideas have come into my mind.

The your concept is exactly what I was looking for, The basis could be a F-105 1/48 Monogram (even a F-105G two seat could be good).

I need a cheap source for the variable geometry wings, maybe I could to steal them from a TORNADO.

For the livery and decals I would go directly on the selection of subjects inside the old Wrap around Thuds from TwoBobs.

Good call Sir! That 'Desert Fox' scheme is a belter... (sorry, that ain't a NATO name for some obscure Soviet bomber.)

I guess Tornado wings would work as well. They might look a bit small, though. The way I fit the Fitter's wings to the F-105, the additions near the wing root (to facilitate adding the wings), bring the wing area up to the wing area of the original Thud, maybe even increase wing area. A Tornado has considerably less wing area. I chose the Fitter's wings due to the large wing glove, as I thought that might make it easier to incorporate the Thud's air intakes into the wing glove.

For the main landing gear, maybe a set-up like the MiG-21 Fishbed's would be the way to go, with the legs attached in the wing glove and the wheels rotating into recesses in the fuselage.

I wonder now, has anyone done an RCN Skyhawk?

Damn fine idea; been thinking about doing an RNZAF Sea Fury, all dark sea blue like the Aussie ones at Nowarra (I think...?)

Have to find a use for some of those Gekko decals that won't make it onto a Kahu...